+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

I believe Greg Schiano IS intentionally trying to cause injuries. Here's why:

First off, I'm not arguing the kneel down rush. Both sides have made their arguments clear, and both sides are understood. He isn't doing anything illegal, it is just an unwritten rule he is breaking, period. We're done debating that.

What I want to debate however, is what Schiano's true intentions are.

I don't believe that Schiano really believes he has a chance to recover the ball when he does this right now when teams are in the V formation. I DO believe that he is trying to effect how teams play against him with the lead in the future though. Either by going into a shotgun QB kneel, or by running some sort of goal line HB dive. Both of which that have extremely higher rates of a fumble than a V formation but a much lower risk of injury for the offensive team.

He has his guys literally diving at the knees of players when they are in the most vulnerable place in all of football. The sooner he injures someone, the sooner teams are going to reconsider putting their players in that spot against him, and he knows that.

I made my mind up after the dallas game. Let's just consider a few things.

-He waited 26 seconds to call his first time out. Either he is a completely incompetent clock manager and does not belong in the NFL or he has other intentions than just "putting his players in the best position to win, all 60 minutes". It just doesn't make sense. If you're only trying to get the ball back to put your team in a spot to win, why are you letting the clock run down to 14 seconds? Again, makes ZERO sense.
    -After his final timeout he is seen screaming at his players. "Coincidentally", 8 of the d-linemen are then lined up in the neutral zone. Literally touching helmets with dallas and immediately chopping the knees. Even if he recovers, the play is void.

Just doesn't add up, and I'm not buying it. I honestly believe his intent is to injure someone so that teams will rethink the victory formation when playing him.

Just take a look at the Dallas tape, his philosophy being his sole motive makes no sense when you look at the videos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj2dT...ayer_embedded#!
    Last edited by njg85m; 09-26-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    First off, I'm not arguing the kneel down rush. Both sides have made their arguments clear, and both sides are understood. He isn't doing anything illegal, it is just an unwritten rule he is breaking, period. We're done debating that.

What I want to debate however, is what Schiano's true intentions are.

I don't believe that Schiano really believes he has a chance to recover the ball when he does this right now when teams are in the V formation. I DO believe that he is trying to effect how teams play against him with the lead in the future though. Either by going into a shotgun QB kneel, or by running some sort of goal line HB dive. Both of which that have extremely higher rates of a fumble than a V formation but a much lower risk of injury for the offensive team.

He has his guys literally diving at the knees of players when they are in the most vulnerable place in all of football. The sooner he injures someone, the sooner teams are going to reconsider putting their players in that spot against him, and he knows that.

I made my mind up after the dallas game. Let's just consider a few things.

-He waited 26 seconds to call his first time out. Either he is a completely incompetent clock manager and does not belong in the NFL or he has other intentions than just "putting his players in the best position to win, all 60 minutes". It just doesn't make sense. If you're only trying to get the ball back to put your team in a spot to win, why are you letting the clock run down to 14 seconds? Again, makes ZERO sense.
    -After his final timeout he is seen screaming at his players. "Coincidentally", 8 of the d-linemen are then lined up in the neutral zone. Literally touching helmets with dallas and immediately chopping the knees. Even if he recovers, the play is void.

Just doesn't add up, and I'm not buying it. I honestly believe his intent is to injure someone so that teams will rethink the victory formation when playing him.

Just take a look at the Dallas tape, his philosophy being his sole motive makes no sense when you look at the videos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj2dT...ayer_embedded#!
    The guy is a complete tool. I think any team that plays them should go offsides the first play and level their entire o-line.

Your theory makes no sense whatsoever, but the game was almost two weeks ago. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    the game was almost two weeks ago. Let it go.
    He did it to Dallas this week as well.

The only way I'll believe he's actually trying to cause injury is if he calls it after his team has been blown out. As it stands, he's run it in two games in which they've been behind by one score.

Your theory makes no sense whatsoever, but the game was almost two weeks ago. Let it go.
    See below. I GUARANTEE some lineman gets his knee blown out from that kind of desperate attempt.

if he does it when down by more than 8 I will kind of agree....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He did it to Dallas this week as well.

The only way I'll believe he's actually trying to cause injury is if he calls it after his team has been blown out. As it stands, he's run it in two games in which they've been behind by one score.
    I could care less what he does in any other game.

To say that the guy is purposely trying to injuure players is just dumb IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBlue View Post
    See below. I GUARANTEE some lineman gets his knee blown out from that kind of desperate attempt.
    Doesn't mean that he doing it for the purpose of causing injury, which is the whole point of this thread.

Veteran

Did you even read my post? I didn't mention the Giants game once, and explained my reasoning.
    How exactly does my theory make no sense? Care to explain, or just interested in adding to your post count with a useless response?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    if he does it when down by more than 8 I will kind of agree....
    If he does it when down by more than 8 then his excuse for doing it wouldn't make any sense and it would be obvious why he has done it.

Right now, I have no doubt that he is trying to prevent future teams from kneeling on the ball.