+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Report: NFL, officials closing in on new deal

Report: NFL, officials closing in on new deal

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Re..._referees.html

Excerpt: "Two days after a controversial call cost the Green Bay Packers a win, the NFL and the referees' union are reportedly nearing an end to a lockout that put replacement officials on the field since the start of the season.
    According to several reports, the NFL and the union are close to a new deal that would allow the league's regular officials to return to work, possibly as early as this weekend." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Thank heavens.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Get it done. The past few weeks have been an utter mess on the field.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Get it done. The past few weeks have been an utter mess on the field.
    I think this gets done for sure by the time we play (or anyone on Sunday for that matter)...the Thursday nighter, not too sure.

Good News!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Boomer was saying this morning that the refs had to get new uniforms and that it would take a couple of weeks to get them back on the field after an agreement is reached.

cool, now we can stop saying "these replacement refs suck" and start saying "these refs suck" again
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Quote Originally Posted by GmenFan1980 View Post
    cool, now we can stop saying "these replacement refs suck" and start saying "these refs suck" again
    +1....I think people forgot how outright atrocious last year's officiating was just because of how much worst the replacements have been.

NFL reaches agreement with refs union on back-up crews

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/26/nf...?sct=nfl_t2_a3

Excerpt: "The league compromised in putting 21 full-time officials in developmental program. The 21 officials (three crews of seven officials each) will not be part of a regular group of NFL officials. The regular officials are still locked out as retirement pension remains an issue.
    The NFL and NFLRA negotiated past midnight on Tuesday, but are still far apart on various issues." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    +1....I think people forgot how outright atrocious last year's officiating was just because of how much worst the replacements have been.
    the old refs to me make me just as nervous as these guys.... they have costs people games in the past and throw the PI flag non stop.I knida of like how these refs just let them play.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 09-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.