Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad reality...

A sad reality...

I feel that this is the only way to make me feel better. I, myself have been going to Giants games since I was 8-years old, splitting the games with two of my uncles. When my dad realized how much of a love I had for the sport and for the Giants I starting attending every single home game. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years and unfortunately I now know that my streak will most likely come to an end. I got the dreaded phone call from the person who my father and I get our season tickets from and of course it concerned the PSL's. Luckily our seats were going for $4,000 a piece but unfortunately these tough economic times have hit my family hard. These sundays that we all share together as part of the NFL family are very special to me because it is when I spend the majority of my time with my father. Does the NFL care? No. Does the Giants organization care? No. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and fancy "ammenities" that the Giants think the fans are looking forward to. Do I need a state of the art tailgating area? No. Cushioned seats? No. Waiter service? No. I've been going to Giants games for one reason and one reason only. To watch the New York Football Giants play the greatest game in the world. But now, I will be stuck at home watching the game instead of being apart of the greatest team and greatest game.

Re: A sad reality...

Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.

Veteran

A bummer, but you should be thankful. You got to watch so many Giants games.

Also, on the same note, there are several American families that are going through financial trouble and football is the last thing on their mind. Another reason you should be thankful.

that stinks

best get a nice HD TV and Direct TV. Hopefully you will get to one or two games a year in the future

its just sad for all giants fans in the same situation. what they are doing is wrong. they have four sponsors for the stadium and we still have to shell out for it, plus ticket sales. Some people would have to take out loans to pay for these seats, thats absolutely ridiculous.

[quote user="crazymagician888"]I feel that this is the only way to make me feel better. I, myself have been going to Giants games since I was 8-years old, splitting the games with two of my uncles. When my dad realized how much of a love I had for the sport and for the Giants I starting attending every single home game. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years and unfortunately I now know that my streak will most likely come to an end. I got the dreaded phone call from the person who my father and I get our season tickets from and of course it concerned the PSL's. Luckily our seats were going for $4,000 a piece but unfortunately these tough economic times have hit my family hard. These sundays that we all share together as part of the NFL family are very special to me because it is when I spend the majority of my time with my father. Does the NFL care? No. Does the Giants organization care? No. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and fancy "ammenities" that the Giants think the fans are looking forward to. Do I need a state of the art tailgating area? No. Cushioned seats? No. Waiter service? No. I've been going to Giants games for one reason and one reason only. To watch the New York Football Giants play the greatest game in the world. But now, I will be stuck at home watching the game instead of being apart of the greatest team and greatest game.[/quote]

Best of luck to you my fellowGMAN fan. I got the $5000 notice this week to [2 seats]. I'm sure you read it but they will work withyou on financing if you can swing it. I hope you can work it outsomehow. You deserve it

[quote user="crazymagician888"]I feel that this is the only way to make me feel better. I, myself have been going to Giants games since I was 8-years old, splitting the games with two of my uncles. When my dad realized how much of a love I had for the sport and for the Giants I starting attending every single home game. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years and unfortunately I now know that my streak will most likely come to an end. I got the dreaded phone call from the person who my father and I get our season tickets from and of course it concerned the PSL's. Luckily our seats were going for $4,000 a piece but unfortunately these tough economic times have hit my family hard. These sundays that we all share together as part of the NFL family are very special to me because it is when I spend the majority of my time with my father. Does the NFL care? No. Does the Giants organization care? No. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and fancy "ammenities" that the Giants think the fans are looking forward to. Do I need a state of the art tailgating area? No. Cushioned seats? No. Waiter service? No. I've been going to Giants games for one reason and one reason only. To watch the New York Football Giants play the greatest game in the world. But now, I will be stuck at home watching the game instead of being apart of the greatest team and greatest game.[/quote]

I feel for you and everyone going through this PSL BS. Perhaps the thing that reeks the most about the whole situation is that companies that can afford the seats will just buy them to hand out to clients who may not even be fans. As a result, the many generations of the diehard Giants fans that added to the whole mystique of the experience will be lost just like Tish’s and Mara's vision of what a football team should be.

Did the Giants need a new stadium when the original wasn’t even that old? Probably not, however, as we all know business is all about the dollar, and football is a business. The Giants organization is going to do what it feels necessary in order to profit and it doesn’t include sympathy for the many generations that filled its seats.

[quote user="Dimes"]A bummer, but you should be thankful. You got to watch so many Giants games.

Also, on the same note, there are several American families that are going through financial trouble and football is the last thing on their mind. Another reason you should be thankful.
    [/quote]

True and true.

[quote user="romohater"]

[quote user="Dimes"]A bummer, but you should be thankful. You got to watch so many Giants games.

[/quote]

True and true.

[/quote]

That puts things in perspective. Empathy for all American families just trying to survive these tough days ahead

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.[/quote]

Closed Thread