Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A sad reality...

[quote user="davidkan"][quote user="crazymagician888"]I feel that this is the only way to make me feel better. I, myself have been going to Giants games since I was 8-years old, splitting the games with two of my uncles. When my dad realized how much of a love I had for the sport and for the Giants I starting attending every single home game. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years and unfortunately I now know that my streak will most likely come to an end. I got the dreaded phone call from the person who my father and I get our season tickets from and of course it concerned the PSL's. Luckily our seats were going for $4,000 a piece but unfortunately these tough economic times have hit my family hard. These sundays that we all share together as part of the NFL family are very special to me because it is when I spend the majority of my time with my father. Does the NFL care? No. Does the Giants organization care? No. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and fancy "ammenities" that the Giants think the fans are looking forward to. Do I need a state of the art tailgating area? No. Cushioned seats? No. Waiter service? No. I've been going to Giants games for one reason and one reason only. To watch the New York Football Giants play the greatest game in the world. But now, I will be stuck at home watching the game instead of being apart of the greatest team and greatest game.[/quote]
    So the Giants are on in your area?

And you get to go to more than 1 game a year?

God, do I pity you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are many families that can't afford season tickets when economic times are good. There are many people that grew up watching the Giants but moved at some point in their lives. I don't think a local football market is anything more than a tie breaker when deciding on a place to live, when you consider, a job, a family, local salary levels, etc.

You got spoiled growing up. I can't tell you how many games I wanted to go to when I was 8-18 years old and living in the market. My father and late grandfather took me to 1 a year, and every year I TRY to go to the stadium for 1 game a year (though with 3 kids who are too young to go it's getting pretty tough to do.) Watching on TV still makes you a part of it. Of course it's more fun to be there. But why should you get to go and not anyone else? I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THEM ON TV ON THE WEEK THAT THEY ARE THE PRIMARY FOX GAME AND MY LOCAL MARKET TEAMS ARE ON CBS! No sympathy here man.

Not trying to insult you, but lets keep things in perspective, huh.....there are people that have lost their homes these days. And you're complaining about not being able to go to a friggin football game. Make a lot of money when you grow up and you can go any time you want. Otherwise, they are usually on broadcast television, so you don't even need to pay for cable to watch them as long as you are lucky enough to live in the area.
    [/quote]

AND you can see the game better with all of the cameras the networks have!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="davidkan"][quote user="crazymagician888"]I feel that this is the only way to make me feel better. I, myself have been going to Giants games since I was 8-years old, splitting the games with two of my uncles. When my dad realized how much of a love I had for the sport and for the Giants I starting attending every single home game. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years and unfortunately I now know that my streak will most likely come to an end. I got the dreaded phone call from the person who my father and I get our season tickets from and of course it concerned the PSL's. Luckily our seats were going for $4,000 a piece but unfortunately these tough economic times have hit my family hard. These sundays that we all share together as part of the NFL family are very special to me because it is when I spend the majority of my time with my father. Does the NFL care? No. Does the Giants organization care? No. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and fancy "ammenities" that the Giants think the fans are looking forward to. Do I need a state of the art tailgating area? No. Cushioned seats? No. Waiter service? No. I've been going to Giants games for one reason and one reason only. To watch the New York Football Giants play the greatest game in the world. But now, I will be stuck at home watching the game instead of being apart of the greatest team and greatest game.[/quote]
    So the Giants are on in your area?

And you get to go to more than 1 game a year?

God, do I pity you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are many families that can't afford season tickets when economic times are good. There are many people that grew up watching the Giants but moved at some point in their lives. I don't think a local football market is anything more than a tie breaker when deciding on a place to live, when you consider, a job, a family, local salary levels, etc.

You got spoiled growing up. I can't tell you how many games I wanted to go to when I was 8-18 years old and living in the market. My father and late grandfather took me to 1 a year, and every year I TRY to go to the stadium for 1 game a year (though with 3 kids who are too young to go it's getting pretty tough to do.) Watching on TV still makes you a part of it. Of course it's more fun to be there. But why should you get to go and not anyone else? I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THEM ON TV ON THE WEEK THAT THEY ARE THE PRIMARY FOX GAME AND MY LOCAL MARKET TEAMS ARE ON CBS! No sympathy here man.

Not trying to insult you, but lets keep things in perspective, huh.....there are people that have lost their homes these days. And you're complaining about not being able to go to a friggin football game. Make a lot of money when you grow up and you can go any time you want. Otherwise, they are usually on broadcast television, so you don't even need to pay for cable to watch them as long as you are lucky enough to live in the area.
    [/quote]

AND you can see the game better with all of the cameras the networks have!
    [/quote]
    Not this week. It sucks. To the OP....sorry I'm being so bitter. You seem like a good guy, but I'm pissed at Fox (what else is new, though usually it's their "news" network and those they cover....)

The assumptions that one might have made when this scheme was hatched probably includedan expectation that "eager" people on line would step up to the plate and replace our friend who started this thread- but I susupect that many of those people may be less ableto pony up now sincewall street bonuses,commerical real estate commissions,construction related fees - just about all sourcesof big dollar incomehastaken a serious smackdown. So I would expect lower PSL sale income and that means just more of the financing cost goes to the team.I'm sure the stadium gets finished, but the deal is going smell worsefor the Giants.

The Giants may have gotten all of the money they needed to build the stadium ( I don't claim to know - but I suspect that the financing source has wobbledsomewhat in light of recent developments). If they got the money, then they have the debttoo - lots of it, like amounts that the Mara's have never seen before...which means a ton of debt service is coming dueat a time when the consumer is completely tapped out . On the horizon,I would expectless in terms of TV revenue (whenever that deal is up for renewal), less in terms of merchadise sales (main street america ain't buying the third jersey anymore - they need to scrimp for food), and less in concessions (because that money was spent on the parking). Less income and more expense is a bad business trend - sound like our government.

The stadium will be completed. A thousand commercial real estate projects will be completed in the next couple of years too. Most of them will be vacant with tall weeds around the perimter. These deals were struck in another world.

Ultimately, the Giants, the NFL, and all sportsgambled that they wouldre-coup their investment at our expense and still turn a profit. In this regard, I think they will get burned -

[quote user="giantfanatic"]

The assumptions that one might have made when this scheme was hatched probably includedan expectation that "eager" people on line would step up to the plate and replace our friend who started this thread- but I susupect that many of those people may be less ableto pony up now sincewall street bonuses,commerical real estate commissions,construction related fees - just about all sourcesof big dollar incomehastaken a serious smackdown. So I would expect lower PSL sale income and that means just more of the financing cost goes to the team.I'm sure the stadium gets finished, but the deal is going smell worsefor the Giants.

The Giants may have gotten all of the money they needed to build the stadium ( I don't claim to know - but I suspect that the financing source has wobbledsomewhat in light of recent developments). If they got the money, then they have the debttoo - lots of it, like amounts that the Mara's have never seen before...which means a ton of debt service is coming dueat a time when the consumer is completely tapped out . On the horizon,I would expectless in terms of TV revenue (whenever that deal is up for renewal), less in terms of merchadise sales (main street america ain't buying the third jersey anymore - they need to scrimp for food), and less in concessions (because that money was spent on the parking). Less income and more expense is a bad business trend - sound like our government.

The stadium will be completed. A thousand commercial real estate projects will be completed in the next couple of years too. Most of them will be vacant with tall weeds around the perimter. These deals were struck in another world.

Ultimately, the Giants, the NFL, and all sportsgambled that they wouldre-coup their investment at our expense and still turn a profit. In this regard, I think they will get burned -

[/quote]

It will be well into 2009 when the results of of the current effort are known. That means what current tickets holders will get seats in the new building. Once that's known, phase two, the waiting list, will kick into gear. Once that's done seats will be allocated based upon preference, tenure and current seat location. In all three years, the organization will be getting money form prospective PSL owners. Assuming past is prologue the market will be on the upswing by then and money will be more available.

All of the PSLs will be sold. That's the first goal and it will be met.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player

Complete Moron Alert.

Bench Player

Latinoshockeyfan wrote the following post at 10-16-2008 7:26 PM:
    Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.

Complete Moron Alert.

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.[/quote]

Keep your dopey politics to your self, or you'll be banned

[/quote]

Mind your dopey business. I commented on the guys sad issue using the probable cause of it.. I didn't have along drawn out political conversation with anyone so why the hell would I get banned for using Bush's name twice?

[/quote]
    I recall a sticky thread by a mod a few weeks ago. Discussing politics or religion will get you banned immediately, no questions asked, no appeals.

[quote user="Eli2Plaxico"]Yeah, Mara and Tisch pulled a fast one when they knew they were going to charge PSLs before the plans for the stadium were even drawn. It was built into the financing for the stadium, but was buried so none of the season ticket holders knew about it until it was too late. I am sure if fans knew about the PSLs beforehand, the stadium would never have been approved because of the public fight against it. Like I said, even in better economic times, it's outrageous for Mara and Tisch to ask for $4,000-$20,000 just for the right to buy tickets. I would never pay it out of principle.[/quote]

Yeah, this is something I wouldn't expect the Mara name to be associated with.

Jerry Jones yes, but not Mara. Makes me lose a lot of respect for our owners.

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.[/quote]

Explain to my what PSL have to do with Bush?

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

Keep your dopey politics to your self, or you'll be banned

[/quote]

Mind your dopey business. I commented on the guys sad issue using the probable cause of it.. I didn't have along drawn out political conversation with anyone so why the hell would I get banned for using Bush's name twice?

[/quote]

Why is it Bushes fault that he could not afford the PSL?