Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: A sad reality...

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.[/quote]

Keep your dopey politics to your self, or you'll be banned

[/quote]

Mind your dopey business. I commented on the guys sad issue using the probable cause of it.. I didn't have along drawn out political conversation with anyone so why the hell would I get banned for using Bush's name twice?

[/quote]

I lost a sock in the dryer is that Bush's fault?

[quote user="davidkan"][quote user="crazymagician888"]I feel that this is the only way to make me feel better. I, myself have been going to Giants games since I was 8-years old, splitting the games with two of my uncles. When my dad realized how much of a love I had for the sport and for the Giants I starting attending every single home game. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years and unfortunately I now know that my streak will most likely come to an end. I got the dreaded phone call from the person who my father and I get our season tickets from and of course it concerned the PSL's. Luckily our seats were going for $4,000 a piece but unfortunately these tough economic times have hit my family hard. These sundays that we all share together as part of the NFL family are very special to me because it is when I spend the majority of my time with my father. Does the NFL care? No. Does the Giants organization care? No. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and fancy "ammenities" that the Giants think the fans are looking forward to. Do I need a state of the art tailgating area? No. Cushioned seats? No. Waiter service? No. I've been going to Giants games for one reason and one reason only. To watch the New York Football Giants play the greatest game in the world. But now, I will be stuck at home watching the game instead of being apart of the greatest team and greatest game.[/quote]
    So the Giants are on in your area?

And you get to go to more than 1 game a year?

God, do I pity you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are many families that can't afford season tickets when economic times are good. There are many people that grew up watching the Giants but moved at some point in their lives. I don't think a local football market is anything more than a tie breaker when deciding on a place to live, when you consider, a job, a family, local salary levels, etc.

You got spoiled growing up. I can't tell you how many games I wanted to go to when I was 8-18 years old and living in the market. My father and late grandfather took me to 1 a year, and every year I TRY to go to the stadium for 1 game a year (though with 3 kids who are too young to go it's getting pretty tough to do.) Watching on TV still makes you a part of it. Of course it's more fun to be there. But why should you get to go and not anyone else? I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THEM ON TV ON THE WEEK THAT THEY ARE THE PRIMARY FOX GAME AND MY LOCAL MARKET TEAMS ARE ON CBS! No sympathy here man.

Not trying to insult you, but lets keep things in perspective, huh.....there are people that have lost their homes these days. And you're complaining about not being able to go to a friggin football game. Make a lot of money when you grow up and you can go any time you want. Otherwise, they are usually on broadcast television, so you don't even need to pay for cable to watch them as long as you are lucky enough to live in the area.
    [/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I've never been to a Giants game, they've been too expensive for me for years, and obviously are now with the PSL's, but I'm not complaining. I usually get to see them on TV unless I'm working or watching the kid, that's enough for me. I honestly don't feel bad for you, if your that strained formoney, you shouldn't be going to games in the first place, save your money.

[quote user="Dorkasaurus"][quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.[/quote]

[/quote]

Mind your dopey business. I commented on the guys sad issue using the probable cause of it.. I didn't have along drawn out political conversation with anyone so why the hell would I get banned for using Bush's name twice?

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, that's your fault if you lost something, yet you know where it is, they call that stupidity. Anyway,how does that remotely relate to what he said? If you claim that Bush has nothing to do with this country's financial crisis, you need to take your republican blinders off.

[quote user="ngk4567"]
    Latinoshockeyfan wrote the following post at 10-16-2008 7:26 PM:
    Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do for you and your family... Blame Bush and please never vote for a Bush or anyone like Bush ever again.

Complete Moron Alert.

[/quote]

Yup. And he doesn't know how to work the quote button.

[quote user="Manning2Shock803"][quote user="Dorkasaurus"][quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, that's your fault if you lost something, yet you know where it is, they call that stupidity. Anyway,how does that remotely relate to what he said? If you claim that Bush has nothing to do with this country's financial crisis, you need to take your republican blinders off.

[/quote]

But to single out Bush and anyone named Bush is equally stupid. (e.g. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and C Schumer -Fannie Mae &Freddie Mac -CRA ACORN)

I posted this a long time ago when the PSL's were first announced sayingt I had been on the list since I was 1 years old and would not be getting the PSL's due to financial issues. This post wasn't directed to those who didn't have the opportunity to go to as many games as I did but people who have had tickets in their family for years. The past couple months I've been in contact with someone from the PSL company and now after busting my *** for 2 years going to school full time, working overnights full time, and coaching youth football part time, I will be purchasing 2 Mezzanine PSL's tomorrow. To those who said they dont feel bad and dont pity me, I wasn't looking for pity. I understand other families go through worse things in their life but to me Giants football is life. I was looking to vent on a forum of fellow Giant fans who were going through the same thing. To those who were hating and didn't get tickets, enjoy the games from home, and to those who have been lucky and fortunate enough to get seats, enjoy!

All-Pro

[quote user="crazymagician888"]I posted this a long time ago when the PSL's were first announced sayingt I had been on the list since I was 1 years old and would not be getting the PSL's due to financial issues. This post wasn't directed to those who didn't have the opportunity to go to as many games as I did but people who have had tickets in their family for years. The past couple months I've been in contact with someone from the PSL company and now after busting my *** for 2 years going to school full time, working overnights full time, and coaching youth football part time, I will be purchasing 2 Mezzanine PSL's tomorrow. To those who said they dont feel bad and dont pity me, I wasn't looking for pity. I understand other families go through worse things in their life but to me Giants football is life. I was looking to vent on a forum of fellow Giant fans who were going through the same thing. To those who were hating and didn't get tickets, enjoy the games from home, and to those who have been lucky and fortunate enough to get seats, enjoy![/quote]

You get my early vote for Necropost of the Year.

Glad to hear that you were able to get your tickets/PSL's.

dude you got to see the giants live for 10 years thats 9 years and 15 games more than some of us on here ( 9 years and 8 games for me) nothing wrong with watching it on television just get a big screen like me 60 inches nice recliner and kick it with pops man its all good theres better thing to worry about in this recession than season tickets... BLAME BUSH!!!