+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What holes/problems are left?

The LB position, which used to be a worry now has some seriously talented depth.
    The O-Line, who scared me at the beginning of the season, is now looking up the past few games (please no Deihl).

The CB's were and still are my biggest worry, with TT out, CWeb playing like his old, pre 2007 playoff, self, and Amukamara, Hosely, and Coe nursing lingering injuries. But after last game it looks like Amukamara and Hosely will step up nicely, hopefully CWeb settles down, and Coe gets healthy and gives us really good depth. Still not out of the woods their yet.

The biggest need for us though, is our D-Line to step up. They haven't played all that bad, but until the CB's get healthy, the young guys get comfortable, and step up, we need our D-Line, the better of the 2, to help cover their asses.

and the "green-zone gagging" needs to stop. I literally picked up Tynes from fantasy just because i know we AAAAALWAYS have this problem of not finishing drives. I'm so smart

Sorry if any of this has been talked about, just my two cents on the season coming into the boards three weeks late.

Still have no return game and the secondary isn't flash...

Quite simply overall health and youth at the O-line.

I agree with just about all of your points. However, I think our D-line (especially Jason Pierre-Paul) are playing just fine. Don't forget that the Giants are known throughout the league as having a ferocious pass rush. So teams are going to game plan to neutralize it. Naturally, production (in terms of sack..flashy numbers) will decrease. But do you watch Jason Pierre-Paul play? Oh my god the guy is a beast.

JR is doing an awesome job making each area of the team lethal.

before the season it was : OL and a replacement for osi

i still think thats the only issue we have is the OL. we prob have osi's replacement on the roster. the OL tho, aside from beatty and boothe, the only guys we trust to start have been in the league 7 plus yrs, so while this OL may in fact be legit and the OL for this season and even next, we need to get good young talent so we can get them integrated w/o any turnover. other than that, we could maybe improve a few areas to top 3 in the nfl but i think the team constructed as is is a 12 win dominate anyone team

Quote Originally Posted by Deschi View Post
    The LB position, which used to be a worry now has some seriously talented depth.
    The O-Line, who scared me at the beginning of the season, is now looking up the past few games (please no Deihl).

The CB's were and still are my biggest worry, with TT out, CWeb playing like his old, pre 2007 playoff, self, and Amukamara, Hosely, and Coe nursing lingering injuries. But after last game it looks like Amukamara and Hosely will step up nicely, hopefully CWeb settles down, and Coe gets healthy and gives us really good depth. Still not out of the woods their yet.

The biggest need for us though, is our D-Line to step up. They haven't played all that bad, but until the CB's get healthy, the young guys get comfortable, and step up, we need our D-Line, the better of the 2, to help cover their asses.

and the "green-zone gagging" needs to stop. I literally picked up Tynes from fantasy just because i know we AAAAALWAYS have this problem of not finishing drives. I'm so smart

Sorry if any of this has been talked about, just my two cents on the season coming into the boards three weeks late.
    Enough with the Webster bashing its pissing me off. He had a bad game against Dallas ad played fine the next 2 games, and the last one with a broken hand. He is our best cornerback stop bashing him its annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Deschi View Post

(Just want to let everyone know that the whining on the board has everyone in a constant state of genuflection out of fear that someone is gonna piss and moan because a topic has already been discussed. Good goin guys)

I'm not satisfied with the backers. I like Rivers but he's been banged up. Boley is good but Kiwi doesn't impress.

Dline has been mostly awful. They looked good against a flat and ill-prepared panthers squad. All of the guys need to play better with the obvious acception being Jason Voorhees.

The secondary shouldn't be a problem. If you thought T2 was going to make an impact this season you ignored probably 30 posts from yours truly. But Webster should be able to play a little better than he has, Prince should make an impact and we have good safeties.

I still need to see more from the Oline. Diehl should have never been moved to RT to begin with and I honestly don't know what the Giants were thinking about with that move. I really hope he doesn't return to the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by burier;504849[B
    ](Just want to let everyone know that the whining on the board has everyone in a constant state of genuflection out of fear that someone is gonna piss and moan because a topic has already been discussed. Good goin guys)[/B].
    really....I cant believe someone would actually complain about such a thing.....
    I have actually heard of a member asking to have yet anohter "Eli" thread deleted. Imagine the balls!!!

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    Enough with the Webster bashing its pissing me off. He had a bad game against Dallas ad played fine the next 2 games, and the last one with a broken hand. He is our best cornerback stop bashing him its annoying
    I wouldn't really equate "settling down" to Webster bashing. He could of been harsher with the criticism.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Pass defense....We're currently giving up a league worst 9.3 yards per attempt which is a whole yard more then last season's last place team. According to PFF Corey Webster has given up the 2nd most yards in the NFL (251) at 22.8 yards per catch. And it's not just the secondary...The pass rush has looked anything but dominant with Osi, Tuck and JPP combining for just 2.5 sacks through 3 games with Tuck and Osi looking like they're on the down slope of their career.

I wouldn't say this is a major concern because the Giants have the talent to turn it around, afterall, they looked like **** for most of last season before turning it on for the playoff strecth, but its certainly their biggest problem that needs some fixing