+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PFT's week 4 picks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cks-3/related/

Excerpt: "In hindsight, I shouldn’t have complained about the Monday night debacle.

After all, I picked the Seahawks to win by a point and, thanks to the replacement officials, Seattle won by two. Since MDS picked the Pack, it allowed me to win the weekly contest with MDS by two, 9-7 versus 7-9.

Given the crazy, upside-down games from Week Three, I’ll take a winning record and run with it — as quickly as the Seahawks ran with their unwarranted win.

For the season, I’m now 27-21, and MDS is 26-22."

Giants at Eagles

MDS’s take: The Eagles need to bounce back in a big way after laying an egg against the Cardinals. I think they’re going to, with Michael Vick finally making it through a game without a turnover.
    MDS’s pick: Eagles 24, Giants 21.
    Florio’s take: Eagles coach Andy Reid does his best work when his back is against the wall. And his back is already against the wall. And he said just enough this week to put his quarterback’s back against the wall, too.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 27, Giants 24. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Yay we're the underdog again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

This is a double good news thread. Picking against us and it's an away game
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    And the Giants backs aren't against the wall? No way the Giants can afford another division loss this early into the season. I understand the Eagles have been downright awful and are lucky to be 2-1 and that may mean they do have their backs against the wall but no more than the Giants when it comes to this division and how the Giants, due to the non-divisional schedule, need to fair in the division.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

good thats two picks we can count on being wrong....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    And the Giants backs aren't against the wall? No way the Giants can afford another division loss this early into the season. I understand the Eagles have been downright awful and are lucky to be 2-1 and that may mean they do have their backs against the wall but no more than the Giants when it comes to this division and how the Giants, due to the non-divisional schedule, need to fair in the division.
    Notice they didn't offer any football related reasons for picking the Eagles, just intangibles

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Notice they didn't offer any football related reasons for picking the Eagles, just intangibles
    Typical PFT. Not surprised. What's foolish of them as I said in my reply, Philly has no more intangibles than the Giants do in this game besides home field.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    good thats two picks we can count on being wrong....
    That's the spirit, Buckaroo

Division games are always the hardest and this game is no joke.

The eagles CAN win so let's not make the so-called homer picks we so often make.

But I'm going to pick the Giants anyway, because Nicks is back, we saw what Barden can do so we have him as depth, AND Andre Brown showed us what he can do with the running game.

What does that tell us? That having Bradshaw will back might decrease Brown's productivity/carries, BUT the eagles will have to be on their toes with the running game.

"But the eagles defense got better"

Yeah? So what? If we can't run the ball because of their D-line (oh help us offensive-line please), we'll have our secret (but-not so secret weapon) in Bennett.

Yes, you read correctly, Bennett is our weapon. He'll leave guys like Cruz and Nicks open while their LBs try and cover Bennett.

Just watch.

I'd be surprised if our passing yards are less than 300.

All I know is, we have to..I mean HAVE to put pressure on Vick.
    I thought we had something special!!!