+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner

Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner: "He's not inhuman"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Michael Vick has made a living scrambling out of the pocket and eluding pass rushers with unprecedented mobility at the quarterback position.

But with that has also come a multitude of big hits. And through three games this season, he's taken even more than usual -- nine sacks and 28 total hits, to be exact.

That, Rocky Bernard and others on the Giants defensive line believe, is the product of a few problems. Yes, there's the battered offensive line. But some of it's Vick's own doing.

"I know a lot of people want to blame it on the offensive line, but I think usually when stuff like that happens, it works both ways," defensive tackle Rocky Bernard said. "Blocking also maybe he's holding the ball a little too long, trying to make the big play every time instead of taking what the defense gives you." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He's got a point. Vick is so vulnerable, especially since he holds on to the ball a lot. Offensive line is obviously going to get battered if the QB keeps holding on to the ball.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    He's got a point. Vick is so vulnerable, especially since he holds on to the ball a lot. Offensive line is obviously going to get battered if the QB keeps holding on to the ball.
    Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?
    That's a very good point.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That's a very good point.
    My logical mind says it favors us cause if we get to him early, he's surely going to be looking over his shoulder more than he might otherwise and I know we can force him to his weak side making it harder for him to throw on the run. But does he set us up with a dink and dunk game while our secondary is still trying to get it all together?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-27-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    My logical mind says it favors us cause if we get to him early, he's surely going to looking over his shoulder more than he might otherwise and I know we can force him to his weak side making it harder for him to throw on the run. But does he set us up with a dink and dunk game while our secondary is still trying to get it all together?
    That's what I'm worried about. McCoy will get his chances, and I hope that Perry and co. are ready for it.

Veteran
    Vick's job is on the line so I'm sure he will play better and be prepared when he plays us

If it's anyone's job on the line (for the season), it really should be Reid's. It's unfortunate that he has an amazing back and he barely uses him effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Vick's job is on the line so I'm sure he will play better and be prepared when he plays us
    We can say that about every division game

sssssshhhhhh and PLAY ... oh and how about playing like Rocky in the Philly !!
    Apologize to Melo 5