Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods.... This forum needs a LOUNGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Is this an entertainment forum? No, so why do we have an entertainment THREAD?
    I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking questions
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I just think it would be cool to just have like a hang out or whatever forum, just to talk about whatever. We don't want to curse up a storm or anything or talk about inappropriate things, some posters just want a place to talk about things other than football. Also, sometimes there's not a lot of news going on and the main forum is kind of dead, I don't know. I thought it was a good idea.

Please support.

I also think it's a good idea, just another room for people to come together and discuss whatever (always respectfully of course). Just like it was pointed out, other sports message boards have them, so I don't see this as a out of the norm request. Thanx for listening.

I see at least a few threads a week where the link to football is tenuous at best and certainly have nothing to do with the Giants. Thses threads get left in TAGF because they are visited and posted to but they dont belong in TAGF any more than a thread about Bountygate. At the very least a "lounge" forum would be a good place for those types, and there would probably be more like threads if there was aplace for them.

And to clear up a question Ro: Thats what we are looking for, just another subforum for off-topic discussions, not any different standards of conduct or anything.

It also might stimulate traffic to the lesser used forums on th is message board. Give people mor reason to browse around when their off topic posts get moved to The Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not arguing with you, I'm just asking questions
    Oh, no, I know. I respect you Roa.

Like I said, if a lounge section where people can talk about random stuff can't be accepted, I don't think an entertainment thread is needed either.

Exactly texture.

What happens if I want to ask a question about financial stuff, or colleges, I know this is a Giants forum.... but come on now. Lots of people here have been here for awhile and enjoy this place and the people around here. We really can't discuss stuff like that?

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if people left this board for another just because of that.

Forums are like communities.

This board needs to be less strict than T.C. and open a new avenue for people to just communicate. Just saying.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

I guess we are asking for another "Parting of the Red Sea".......... Wow. I was in the military for 20 years and this is way more harsh than "complete silence" while on deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I guess we are asking for another "Parting of the Red Sea".......... Wow. I was in the military for 20 years and this is way more harsh than "complete silence" while on deployment.
    What irks me is that we have a "carpool to games" section that has 2 posts literally.....

But we can't have a lounge section. Whatever, I'm going to stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    What irks me is that we have a "carpool to games" section that has 2 posts literally.....

But we can't have a lounge section. Whatever, I'm going to stop here.
    I mentioned that to my GF earlier. She thought it was crazy that we had that and no other place to talk about "L's" breakfasts.

Closed Thread