Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods.... This forum needs a LOUNGE!

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    How many people in the front office even frequent these boards? I also wasnt being indignant. Yeah sarcastic, but definitely not indignant. And yes I do realize it it is now a dead horse.
    Enough of them frequent the boards to know that when something goes really wrong and their phones start ringing, it's a big hassle. Trust me, people have called the front office over these boards, and way more than once. From what I've been told, most of those calls were from a time when there was a forum that allowed any conversation. Blame the people who were here before you(and me), because they're the ones who ruined the chances of that kind of forum making a comeback.

I unfortunately have to agree with DH and the opinion of the front office. Statements often get misinterpreted on a frequent basis that turn into large arguments and become grudges over months because of silly egos. Not saying anyone in this thread would be suspect at that but just browsing around in TAGF, one could see what I'm driving at. This MB simply isn't mature enough for an Off-Topic section and it would require heavy moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I unfortunately have to agree with DH and the opinion of the front office. Statements often get misinterpreted on a frequent basis that turn into large arguments and become grudges over months because of silly egos. Not saying anyone in this thread would be suspect at that but just browsing around in TAGF, one could see what I'm driving at. This MB simply isn't mature enough for an Off-Topic section and it would require heavy moderation.

The swag thread is considered off-topic correct? Wonder why no one posts immature **** on there......

I keep seeing TAGF....what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    The swag thread is considered off-topic correct? Wonder why no one posts immature **** on there......
    If it's such a problem for you, why not go to another board? Problem solved

You have a pinned thread in Entertainment. If thats not good enough, then I suggest you move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    I keep seeing TAGF....what is that?
    Talk About Giants Football

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    If it's such a problem for you, why not go to another board? Problem solved

You have a pinned thread in Entertainment. If thats not good enough, then I suggest you move along.

Go to another board? Is that the job of a moderator, to tell other posters here to go to another board?

It's okay, infract me for voicing a non-hostile opinion.

From what I've observed, most of the posters in that particular thread are a close-knit group of friends and pretty mature. Now mix in immaturity and huge egos and you got yourself one moderation nightmare and flame war fest to handle on a daily basis. It's a risk-reward thing from the moderators' point of view and I'd have to say the reward isn't worth the risk.

From what I've observed, most of the posters in that particular thread are a close-knit group of friends and pretty mature. Now mix in immaturity and huge egos and you got yourself one moderation nightmare and flame war fest to handle on a daily basis. It's a risk-reward thing from the moderators' point of view and I'd have to say the reward isn't worth the risk.
    Exactly. How is anyone else supposed to feel going into a thread like that? It's like a clique.

Go to another board? Is that the job of a moderator, to tell other posters here to go to another board?

It's okay, infract me for voicing a non-hostile opinion.
    I'm stating the obvious. It's common sense to understand that if you aren't happy in a place, then go to another place. It has nothing to do with being a moderator. Calm down, guy.

Closed Thread