Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 140
  1. #11
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If the central theme is inappropriate language, I am not even going to ask the IT folks. They are very touchy about how we conduct ourselves in that regard.
    Inappropriate language gets beeped out anyway, so I didn't see a problem with it when I first asked about it. Plus, there is a reason for moderators, to force against the rules.

    With the way inappropriate language gets filtered here, I highly doubt that would be the central theme.

  2. #12
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Instead of answering it with irrelevant information such as "SO laurah can talk nonsense all day" (which sorry, won't ever give you a lounge section), I answered the question with some relevancy.
    That was glorious!

  3. #13
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Inappropriate language gets beeped out anyway, so I didn't see a problem with it when I first asked about it. Plus, there is a reason for moderators, to force against the rules.

    With the way inappropriate language gets filtered here, I highly doubt that would be the central theme.
    What's the difference between a lounge and a forum?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  4. #14
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If the central theme is inappropriate language, I am not even going to ask the IT folks. They are very touchy about how we conduct ourselves in that regard.
    Not at all.

  5. #15
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What's the difference between a lounge and a forum?
    Well, if I'd like to talk about a new car, where can I do that on this board? Entertainment? Doesn't sound too entertaining to me.

    I rather just not discuss this further if something like a lounge section won't even be considered (go look around other message boards/forums, it's on every one of them) because I'll probably get an infraction for something so minute and I'd rather not.

  6. #16
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Well, if I'd like to talk about a new car, where can I do that on this board? Entertainment? Doesn't sound too entertaining to me.

    I rather just not discuss this further if something like a lounge section won't even be considered (go look around other message boards/forums, it's on every one of them) because I'll probably get an infraction for something so minute and I'd rather not.
    So you'd like a "forum" called something like "The Hang Out" where anything but sports is discussed?

    How many peoople do you think we actually ban?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  7. #17
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,829
    Wow, really?

    You guys do know that we have an IGNORE feature now, right? If you don't want to read what Laurah types, then put her on ignore and the problem is solved. If you keep calling her out like this, it might appear, at least to me, that she isn't the problem at all, but maybe it's you. Just sayin'...

  8. #18
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So you'd like a "forum" called something like "The Hang Out" where anything but sports is discussed?

    How many peoople do you think we actually ban?
    Is this an entertainment forum? No, so why do we have an entertainment THREAD?

  9. #19
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Wow, really?

    You guys do know that we have an IGNORE feature now, right? If you don't want to read what Laurah types, then put her on ignore and the problem is solved. If you keep calling her out like this, it might appear, at least to me, that she isn't the problem at all, but maybe it's you. Just sayin'...
    If you're talking to me, please read what I typed out. Nowhere in my posts did I mention anything about Laurah's postings being an annoyance to me. Just saying.

    So "you guys" better not have been directed to me.

  10. #20
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    If you're talking to me, please read what I typed out. Nowhere in my posts did I mention anything about Laurah's postings being an annoyance to me. Just saying.

    So "you guys" better not have been directed to me.
    Let's ease up now, this is a fact finding mission lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts