+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I the only one who thought the refs made the right call at the end of Hawks/Packer

Banned

Am I the only one who thought the refs made the right call at the end of Hawks/Packer

All I have been hearing is Packers got robbed and game winning INT.
    And I freely admit that the Defender had a better hold on the ball.
    BUT the rule isnt based on degree of possession.
    If both players have possession then it goes to the reciever.
    Did the DB have more possession...without a doubt.
    But can we say flat out the WR had NO possession? ... I dont think we can.
    Therefore as much as some may not like it ... IMO it should have been a TD.

Im open for discussion/debate on this and will freely change my opinion if someone can provide me with some new understanding.
    But for now...i dont see what the arguement is.

Golden Tate should have been called for pass interference, because she pushed Shields. No TD.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Such a clear passing interference. If that happened to the Giants, we'd have a total fit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Golden Tate should have been called for pass interference, because she pushed Shields. No TD.
    Is that the arguement?
    Hmm...if thats the arguement then whats with the "Game Winning INT" comments all over the place?

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Is that the arguement?
    Hmm...if thats the arguement then whats with the "Game Winning INT" comments all over the place?

Because people are so busy looking at the INT ****, that they didn't even realize the pass interference part.

Selective hearing/caring is what they call it.

The pi wasn't called. So play on. Tate's hand was on the ball and his feet touched ground first. TD

The refs hardly ever(I don't have the Number) call pass interference on a hail mary pass in the endzone, either on offense or defense. But yes Tate pushed Shields and not called. But like some analysts were saying, DBs are taught to swat the ball down. Palms down is what Darren Sharper said on Total Access the other night. When the palms are down, you smack the ball to the ground to a usual incompletion. When the palms are you are going for the INT, which a young guy may do to pad his stats. Sharper even mentioned that he was guilty of that when he was a young DB in the league. He also mentioned that the Packers should have "boxed" out better in the endzone on the Hail Mary, using the basketball reference on the last play.

Maybe if the packers O-line would not have let Rodgers get sacked 8 times, or the Packers would have put more than 12 points on the board, it would not have come down to 1 hail mary pass that was the talk of the week on all media and sports outlets.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

+ Reply to Thread