+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about O/L

Diehl is saying he will be ready for the Browns and it looks like they are going to Start him. I don't have a problem with that, but my question is when Beatty said he was ready after his injury Why did the Giants sit him.

Because the team thought he wasn't ready?

If Diehl starts im goin to lose it. He stinks his career is downhill. Why ruin a good thing because hes a vetetan. I love what he has done for us but come on now.

Well you guys have your wish, Diehl has been ruled out:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...8-5de8e9ce9168

**Three players are listed as out for Sunday night: tackle David Diehl (knee), cornerback Jayron Hosley (hamstring) and linebacker Kevin Rivers (hamstring).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
    If Diehl starts im goin to lose it. He stinks his career is downhill. Why ruin a good thing because hes a vetetan. I love what he has done for us but come on now.
    I agree, I wish Jerry Reese would hurry up and cut him.. Throwing out James Brewer at RT can't be any worse than David Diehl, and the positive is that Brewer is still developing so theres only upside in playing him.

Think they should keep Locklear in and work Brewer in by the end of the year.

Diehl had clearly struggled. I believe Locklear played better at RT than Diehl has. And it looked like Beatty had better game at LT than Locklear. I am anxious to see how the hold up against the Eagles front.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Think they should keep Locklear in and work Brewer in by the end of the year.
    I don't think this is insulting to Diehl. Every player knows he's going to make an obscene amount of money while he's effective, and then be cast aside. It will happen to Eli, Cruz, Brewer, etc.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Would Diehl be a better start at LG, his natural position, over Kevin Boothe?

I don't mind so much if Diehl starts at RT or guard, but I don't want to see him matched up against ANY team's best DE EVER again.