+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halloween

Halloween

I know it's early but, my absolute favorite holiday of the whole year! Love everything about it...getting scared, parades, trick or treating, and especially the horror movies on TV. That being said, what are some of your favorite scary flicks? I especially love the older stuff...Halloween, Exorcist, Evil Dead...don't care too much for the new stuff, too much special effects. Can't wait for Oct 31st!

BTW....they are releasing Carpenter's original 1978 Halloween in theaters this Oct.....Before the movie they will show a brand new documentary called "You Can't Kill The Boogeyman"....that chronicles the entire Halloween franchise....Can't wait!!!

I can't remember the last time they made a horror movie that was really scary. Nowadays horror movies rely strictly on the "make you jump" scare tactics such as extremely loud noises out of nowhere. They don't creep you out like old school horror movies.

Halloween freaked me out when I was a kid. I watched it with my dad when I was eight, and it is the only movie that ever truly scared me. The scene where Dr. Loomis and the nurse pull up to the sanitarium at night and all the patients were walking around in the rain in their white gowns. Damn that was creepy. I grew up living within half a mile from a mental hospital and so that always hit close to home. Especially because my parents found an escaped patient sleeping on our neighbor's lawn across the street one morning.

My favorite Halloween time flicks:

Halloween (original)
    Trick 'r Treat (the best horror movie I have seen that was made in the past 5 years. If you haven't seen it - watch it now! I watch it every year for Halloween)
    Hocus Pocus (I know I know it's a corny kids flick, but I loved this movie when I was a kid and it has a special place in my heart)
    Dawn of the Dead
    The Shining
    Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2/ Army of Darkness

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    I can't remember the last time they made a horror movie that was really scary. Nowadays horror movies rely strictly on the "make you jump" scare tactics such as extremely loud noises out of nowhere. They don't creep you out like old school horror movies.

Halloween freaked me out when I was a kid. I watched it with my dad when I was eight, and it is the only movie that ever truly scared me. The scene where Dr. Loomis and the nurse pull up to the sanitarium at night and all the patients were walking around in the rain in their white gowns. Damn that was creepy. I grew up living within half a mile from a mental hospital and so that always hit close to home. Especially because my parents found an escaped patient sleeping on our neighbor's lawn across the street one morning.

My favorite Halloween time flicks:

Halloween (original)
    Trick 'r Treat (the best horror movie I have seen that was made in the past 5 years. If you haven't seen it - watch it now! I watch it every year for Halloween)
    Hocus Pocus (I know I know it's a corny kids flick, but I loved this movie when I was a kid and it has a special place in my heart)
    Dawn of the Dead
    The Shining
    Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2/ Army of Darkness
    Gotta check out Trick 'r Treat...haven't seen that one....Growing up near a mental hospital? OMG, now that is scary, but I love it! I remember back in the day, my friends tried to get me to check out Byberry mental hospital around Halloween, I couldn't do it. I love being scared, but I don't think my heart could take that.

Terror In The Aisles was a classic also...scenes from when horror was horror, starring Dr. Loomis(RIP)....Watch this, it is creepy....