+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Will Hilll - Hosley

While Nicks being out is a big big hurt hopefully Barden can fill in well, but obviously he wont see the soft coverage he did in Carolina. Hixon should see plenty of time in the slot as well.

That said with the secondary banged up Hosley's injury may be even worse. Hosley quietly became the front runner as the nickel in pre-season and then quietly took over as the starter even with prince back (albeit banged up) and did a very solid job. The kid has been very impressive. That all brings me to will hill who was very good in the pre-season and saw some time at the nickel himself. There is a good chance he plays there this Sunday. Will be interesting to see if he can step up and play the spot - althoughj i suppose they could turn to tryon (who fans are hating more and more these days) or coe if healthy. Still I think hill has a shot.

Again injuries are a part of the game and this is absolutely not to say that the giants can't and won't win without hosley, just saying he is more important then people may think. That also said the emergence of young secondary players like hill will be a huge help to accelerate their progression.

As usual get home and hit the qb early and often.

All-Pro
    Well I like the idea of getting your best athletes out on the field and Hill is an extremely good athlete. I'd like them to find a way to get him involved for sure.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 09-29-2012 at 08:14 PM.

This is Hill's chance to prove he belongs and I don't think we'll be disappointed.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    This is A chance. This is a rookie who plays safety and is learning the nickel. If he excels great but he is certainly being thrown to the wolves. Hope for some flashes of good play. The kid is physical and athletic as buddy33 said if he gets time in the nickel i would expect a blitz or two to get after Vick. Fewell loves to attack running qb's from the outside so all corners should be set free from time to time. Hill may be the best of all the depth to do this.

I doubt Hill plays the slot, but he might get more playing time in the 3 safety set, or if Rolle doesn't play. Coe and Amukamara are both healthy enough to play tomorrow *knock on wood*

I agree though that Hill is a good athlete and that we won't be disappointed when he's on the field. He has been out there already in the 3 safety set, and made a good play on the ball in Carolina

All-Pro
    I know it was only 1 play in clean up time, but the 1st pass thrown his way last week he defended.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    This is A chance. This is a rookie who plays safety and is learning the nickel. If he excels great but he is certainly being thrown to the wolves. Hope for some flashes of good play. The kid is physical and athletic as buddy33 said if he gets time in the nickel i would expect a blitz or two to get after Vick. Fewell loves to attack running qb's from the outside so all corners should be set free from time to time. Hill may be the best of all the depth to do this.
    Some players only need A chance. I don't know if Hill will step up or not, but this team prides itself on developing the next man up. Hill has been on the field and with every opportunity he gains experience that he can't get anywhere else. Some guys excel under pressure, let's hope that in Hill's DNA.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    I mentioned hill b/c he was mentioned in a coaches transcript about the nickel this week. Without coe practicing I would guess he took snaps along side tryon. I think there is a good chance he see's action outside of the three safety net which he hasn't really worked much in. When he came in last week against the panthers it was due to Rolle's injury. But perhaps they have been using him as the dime a bit.

I would think that they would use Amukamara in the slot, and Coe on the outside before the use Hill in the slot.. I do think that Hill could handle it though

Veteran
    Agreed Roanoke - but most guys need time and patience. This will be first of many many chances for Hill in my opinion.