+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The biggest advantage to having Bradshaw back

The biggest impact Bradshaw will have in this game is in his pass-blocking ability. The Eagles very rarely blitz Eli, relying on their dangerous front four, very much like what we do. Expect to see Bradshaw in there to block for Eli out of the shotgun early and often.

If he can successfully lend some help in stopping Cole and Babin, Bennett will be able to get down the field for a big day. If not, Bennett will have to stay in to keep Eli on his feet, and our offense will be severely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck&rolle View Post
    The biggest impact Bradshaw will have in this game is in his pass-blocking ability. The Eagles very rarely blitz Eli, relying on their dangerous front four, very much like what we do. Expect to see Bradshaw in there to block for Eli out of the shotgun early and often.

If he can successfully lend some help in stopping Cole and Babin, Bennett will be able to get down the field for a big day. If not, Bennett will have to stay in to keep Eli on his feet, and our offense will be severely limited.
    Don't forget we have Hynoski to help with the blocking if Bennett has to engage and release.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-30-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think Bennett's play in this game will be crucial to a giant's win!

we will need that, plus we'll need our rb's to be weapons in the pass game. philly is gonna drop into coverage and leave lb's on the rb's. at least they did last year (see BJ TD catch).
    Thats why I'm hoping Wilson plays more. I know its a risk with the pass protection aspect, but if we can get Wilson into the 2nd level, he'll have a field day

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't forget we have Hynoski to help with the blocking in Bennett has to engage and release.
    That's true too. Do you see a lot of 2 receiver sets tonight considering the lack of depth at receiver at the moment and the need to get some good blocking up front?

Completely agree with this and this is reason #1 why I don't see Bradshaw just being cast aside so easily

Quote Originally Posted by tuck&rolle View Post
    That's true too. Do you see a lot of 2 receiver sets tonight considering the lack of depth at receiver at the moment and the need to get some good blocking up front?
    I think they will start off with 2 WR sets to see how the defense is aligned and how aggressive the Eagles' D Line actually is. As has been said, keeping Eli upright generally determines how much blocking we don't need. Having said that, I think Gilbride does an excellent job designing game plans that focus on Eli being upright. When it breaks down, it's usually, if not always, player execution.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bradshaw is a great player, he just has this nagging injuries every year. It's one thing or another with his body and I feel he could be so much better if he was actually healthy for a year. I think the Oline is coming together and there will be lanes for him to run. That being said, his blitz pickups are great and I can see bennett downblocking then releasing for a seem pass a lot today!

Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    Completely agree with this and this is reason #1 why I don't see Bradshaw just being cast aside so easily
    Bradshaw isn't going to be "cast aside." He does, in a sense, have to measure up to Brown's performance last week but we can't discount the fact that Brown was running behind a reconfigured O Line and tonight will give Bradshaw a chance behind the same group. Then there is always the other teams' defense to consider and the Eagles are not the Panthers.

In any event, I don't see Bradshaw's touches being severely restricted unless he's injured

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Bradshaw isn't going to be "cast aside." He does, in a sense, have to measure up to Brown's performance last week but we can't discount the fact that Brown was running behind a reconfigured O Line and tonight will give Bradshaw a chance behind the same group. Then there is always the other teams' defense to consider and the Eagles are not the Panthers.

In any event, I don't see Bradshaw's touches being severely restricted unless he's injured
    Sounds good to me. And I'm sure Bradshaw sees what we're all seeing with Brown's effectiveness and hopefully, it'll fuel him to fight that much more to keep his grip on the better side of a timeshare.

As for Brown, I once heard OJ Anderson say during an interview that your job as an RB in this league only gets harder and harder after you've put a good performance on tape for all of the DCs of the league to scheme against. How you deal with the extra respect and adjustments to your running style will determine your success going forward.

In light of that, I'm excited to see how Andre progresses now that he won't be taking anybody by surprise.