+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Coughlin's terrible clock management cost us this game!

He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!

I can blame a lot and clock management sure isn't on the first page.

Wait - you're using Madden rationale?

Leaving room
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Not Madden rationale.......I'm stating that anyone who has even a basic understanding of football, even if it just comes from having played Madden a couple times, understands you take your timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning.

You entirely missed the point. Please don't "enter the room" again because you aren't bringing much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by shockeyisjesus View Post
    Not Madden rationale.......I'm stating that anyone who has even a basic understanding of football, even if it just comes from having played Madden a couple times, understands you take your timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning.

You entirely missed the point. Please don't "enter the room" again because you aren't bringing much into it.
    One Jesus to another, I agree that the final sequence was borked, but for a different reason. They were in field goal range (ball at the 35 for 3 downs and then after the interference two more downs at the 27). Kill some clock, kick field goal, win. The win was in hand and they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

However, "anyone who has even a basic understanding of football" would know KEVIN GILBRIDE is calling the plays not TOM COUGHLIN, and even if he were wouldn't be such an idiot to think that "having played Madden a couple times" trumps a man who has been an NFL head coach for 20 years.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-03-2012 at 06:59 AM.

He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!
    Einstein, he had time for one more play, chose not to take it, just a bad call on the PI to Barden, after hearing Eli after the game that was all on him, he liked the match up and put the ball in a bad spot, still no excuse for not trying a quick out wth 15 to go to get another 5 yards,
    Last edited by Joe Morrison; 10-01-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typo
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Not Einstein, nothing you said has anything at all to do with my point which is that if he had used our timeouts properly, by calling them BEFORE the two minute warning, we would have had 15 or so extra seconds to run 1 more play on third down and 19.....

Now there is no guarantee we would have completed a pass if we had of, but we at least could have taken a shot and then lined up to kick a field goal before time expired which we couldn't guarantee doing wit 15 seconds left on the clock.

It was terrible clock management. Some of our fans lack of football knowledge is rather frightening.

Not Einstein, nothing you said has anything at all to do with my point which is that if he had used our timeouts properly, by calling them BEFORE the two minute warning, we would have had 15 or so extra seconds to run 1 more play on third down and 19.....

Now there is no guarantee we would have completed a pass if we had of, but we at least could have taken a shot and then lined up to kick a field goal before time expired which we couldn't guarantee doing wit 15 seconds left on the clock.

It was terrible clock management. Some of our fans lack of football knowledge is rather frightening.
    Without going back and looking at the tape I think at the most they only lost 8 seconds by waiting for the 2 minute warning, either way, bad call going deep, wussy call not trying a quick one with 15 seconds to go.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Without going back and looking at the tape I think at the most they only lost 8 seconds by waiting for the 2 minute warning, either way, bad call going deep, wussy call not trying a quick one with 15 seconds to go.
    I don't know if 15 seconds is enough to complete a 5 or 10 yard pass and get the field goal team on the field and kick the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I don't know if 15 seconds is enough to complete a 5 or 10 yard pass and get the field goal team on the field and kick the ball.
    only if its an out of bounds play. if not you are done.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    only if its an out of bounds play. if not you are done.....
    Yeah, I think I saw a quote by Eli that says the threshold for getting the FG team out there with no timeouts is 17 or 18 seconds. And even then, that's cutting it very close.