+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coughlin's terrible clock management cost us this game!

Quote Originally Posted by shockeyisjesus View Post
    You realize at one time, before the idiot bangwagon fans arrived like the majority of posters in this thread, Shockey was a very popular player with Giants fans. I was posting here back then. Where were you?

Ok then......tool.
    56 posts... If they're all gems like this, please go back to hibernation.

Hind sight is always 20/20. What's done is done. There is nothing that we can do to change that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!
    Can't agree that it was a bad call and I am usually the first one to tear into the refs lol. Run the ball up the gut instead of throwing to Barden and you don't give the refs an easy target to make a call.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning. Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal. Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning. Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference. Put the blame where it belongs folks!
    What did you think of Eli's interception in the end zone?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

At least that is a reasonable response. Agreed the pass interference was a huge part of the outcome but I honestly think we could have overcome it with an extra 10 seconds to get 1 more play off and then have the FG team rush onto the field for a 45 yarder instead of have plenty of time for a 54 yarder. I guarantee you that Tynes and the FG unit CONSTANTLY practice running onto the field, from the sidelines, in late game situations and trying to get a FG off in under 20 seconds. I'd bet you every dollar I have that is something they work on nearly every single day in practice. And if they aren't, they damn well should be. Those extra 10 seconds were big regardless of what some of our lower IQ posters manage to bang out on their keyboards like those chimps trying to write Shakespeare.
    You need to throttle back the venom
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You need to throttle back the venom
    . . . . although the chimps trying to write Shakespeare line is a pretty good one . . . .

You Madden kids are crazy. TC is going to the NFL Hall of Fame. You are going to High School.

I'm sick of these Gilbride/Manning 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts when they don't like the D. It seems like nothing at the time, but while the half is running out, it can really come back to haunt you.

Just run the play. . .who knows, it might work. Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I'm sick of these Gilbride/Manning 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts when they don't like the D. It seems like nothing at the time, but while the half is running out, it can really come back to haunt you.

Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.
    I agree with you but if they take delay penalties in those spots people will tear into Eli and Gilbride for taking the penalty anyway. It's a lose-lose. My contention has always been get the damn play in earlier or run the Peyton no-huddle (not the hurry up) so Eli is given more time to make adjustments when he sees things he doesn't like.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Can't agree that it was a bad call and I am usually the first one to tear into the refs lol. Run the ball up the gut instead of throwing to Barden and you don't give the refs an easy target to make a call.
    Agreed, Barden mauled him right in front of the ref, and was an easy call to make, however the Giants would have been better off kicking the 45 yard FG instead of attempting such a risky play. You either go for short yardage so you clock it quickly, or just kick the FG and take your chances - anything else is too risky in that situation.

+ Reply to Thread