+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    As soon as he ****ing mentioned madden, he lost all credibility and I stopped reading. Good job! I won't ever read your posts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    I get the feeling you don't actually watch Eli pass much. He (out of necessity) gives his receivers a chance to make a play on the ball. Thats what he did with Barden. Had Barden just waited and made it a jump ball, either he gets it or it goes out. Course it would have been helpful for Barden to just run over Nhamdi as he was allowed to basically hip check Barden to the sideline (pretty sure thats illegal). But if you're going to throw deep, it was a good throw. Anywhere else and if Barden gets it and gets tackled they would have had a problem clocking it.
    Eli said in hindsight he should have thrown it more towards his back shoulder - per Bob Papa on Sirius this morning.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by shockeyisjesus View Post
    He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!
    it had nothing to do with clock management! Eli still managed to get the offense within range in plenty of time!

the timeouts were fine it was the refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    If the Eagles picked up a 1st down, we'd have had no time-outs after the 2 minute warning and the Eagles win the game.
    That's why I took the necessary time to write that it was a goal line situation. You can't pick up a first down in a goal line situation.

Jesus we have some dumb fans.

Is there another board for Giants fans with a clue about football so I don't have to talk to some of you chimps?

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    . . . . from the guy with the screen name "Shockeyisjesus" . . . . . tool
    You realize at one time, before the idiot bangwagon fans arrived like the majority of posters in this thread, Shockey was a very popular player with Giants fans. I was posting here back then. Where were you?

Ok then......tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    As soon as he ****ing mentioned madden, he lost all credibility and I stopped reading. Good job! I won't ever read your posts again.
    You joined a couple months ago and have 1,000 posts. Not only that but you completely and totally failed to understand that Madden has nothing to do wit the point I made.

Please do me a favor and never respond to one of my posts ever again because you are wasting valuable bandwidth with your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    it had nothing to do with clock management! Eli still managed to get the offense within range in plenty of time!

the timeouts were fine it was the refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!
    At least that is a reasonable response. Agreed the pass interference was a huge part of the outcome but I honestly think we could have overcome it with an extra 10 seconds to get 1 more play off and then have the FG team rush onto the field for a 45 yarder instead of have plenty of time for a 54 yarder.

I guarantee you that Tynes and the FG unit CONSTANTLY practice running onto the field, from the sidelines, in late game situations and trying to get a FG off in under 20 seconds.

I'd bet you every dollar I have that is something they work on nearly every single day in practice. And if they aren't, they damn well should be. Those extra 10 seconds were big regardless of what some of our lower IQ posters manage to bang out on their keyboards like those chimps trying to write Shakespeare.

Banned
    He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!
    No, it was that moron Barden that lost the game......time to bench that slow poke and get Randle in the game.

You realize at one time, before the idiot bangwagon fans arrived like the majority of posters in this thread, Shockey was a very popular player with Giants fans. I was posting here back then. Where were you?

Ok then......tool.
    Eh, Shockey was never popular enough to make Shockeyisjesus a non-gay screen name . . . . .
    Last edited by GMENAGAIN; 10-03-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Not Madden rationale.......I'm stating that anyone who has even a basic understanding of football, even if it just comes from having played Madden a couple times, understands you take your timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning.

You entirely missed the point. Please don't "enter the room" again because you aren't bringing much into it.
    One Jesus to another, I agree that the final sequence was borked, but for a different reason. They were in field goal range (ball at the 35 for 3 downs and then after the interference two more downs at the 27). Kill some clock, kick field goal, win. The win was in hand and they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

However, "anyone who has even a basic understanding of football" would know KEVIN GILBRIDE is calling the plays not TOM COUGHLIN, and even if he were wouldn't be such an idiot to think that "having played Madden a couple times" trumps a man who has been an NFL head coach for 20 years.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-03-2012 at 07:59 AM.