+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I doubt it. There was a safety that peeled off coverage from Bennett once the ball was thrown Barden's way.
    Even if he's down in the middle of the field, at that point there's plenty of time to clock the ball. There would have been at least 15-20 seconds to get down the field and do so.
    Last edited by MikeyMike01; 10-03-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I doubt it. There was a safety that peeled off coverage from Bennett once the ball was thrown Barden's way.
    Yeah,but he had the safety beat.

The point comes down to..the Giants should've never been in the position to let clock management or anything determine the outcome other than the Eagles coming right out and whooping their tales. The Giants made crucial mistakes that had them once again playing for the win in the 4th quarter. This time it didn't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    Even if he's down in the middle of the field, at that point there's plenty of time to clock the ball. There would have been at least 15-20 seconds to get down the field and do so.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What did you think of Eli's interception in the end zone?
    I thought it was the greatest pass I've ever seen Eli throw, far outweighing his throw to Manningham in the SB last year or the Helmet catch to Tyree. Someone should make it into a .gif so we can enjoy it over and over again.

Come on dude, what kind of question is that?? It was a horrible pass. What other possible answer could there be for that question......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shockeyisjesus View Post
    He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!
    From hero to goat faster then a speeding bullet!
    Giants fan since '58

I thought it was the greatest pass I've ever seen Eli throw, far outweighing his throw to Manningham in the SB last year or the Helmet catch to Tyree. Someone should make it into a .gif so we can enjoy it over and over again.

Come on dude, what kind of question is that?? It was a horrible pass. What other possible answer could there be for that question......
    You're blaming Coughln for the loss. A loss is never attributed to one individual. A lot of things went wrong that created that loss including Barden's penalty, Eli's interception, lack of a running game, etc.. Teams win and teams lose.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!

Clearly you have a dizzying intellect.

Shockey.....lol; let's all pray at the altar of overrated mediocrity

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    So what your saying is you want to rush out the field goal unit in 15-20 seconds, set up and kick a 54 yard field goal?!?!? Come on man....
    But it worked once in Madden...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoGoGo View Post
    But it worked once in Madden...
    im confused isn't that where all strategy comes from?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"