+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking 3rd down with 15 seconds left

Coaching staff does not have enough confidence in the offense to run one more play to the sidelines for at least 3 to 5 yards... I was a bit shocked especially knowing and I know i'm not the only one that Tynes did not have a good chance of making that..

Please stop saying run one more play n clock it. That would've been a turnover on downs!!

Instead the Giants should've ran a short 5 yard route to the sidelines. If its there you take it, if it isn't Eli is smart enough to throw it away... Then you try the field goal. It looks like 3 more yards and that fg goes in.

Close game but the Giants should have more confidence in themselves in that situation .

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseymadden View Post
    Coaching staff does not have enough confidence in the offense to run one more play to the sidelines for at least 3 to 5 yards... I was a bit shocked especially knowing and I know i'm not the only one that Tynes did not have a good chance of making that..

Please stop saying run one more play n clock it. That would've been a turnover on downs!!

Instead the Giants should've ran a short 5 yard route to the sidelines. If its there you take it, if it isn't Eli is smart enough to throw it away... Then you try the field goal. It looks like 3 more yards and that fg goes in.

Close game but the Giants should have more confidence in themselves in that situation .

Your thoughts?
    This one will cost the coaching staff just a little bit of sleep the next couple days, just no reason for not trying with Eli and HIxon, you have to figure a back shoulder, if not there you have nothing to lose.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Your thoughts?
    In a nut shell bad coaching all around. Team was not prepared, game plan non existent, bonehead play calling. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    This one will cost the coaching staff just a little bit of sleep the next couple days, just no reason for not trying with Eli and HIxon, you have to figure a back shoulder, if not there you have nothing to lose.
    Nah, the coaching staff does not care. They collect a paycheck either way. They will not lose sleep over this. As a matter of fact Coughlin has already forgotten all about this game. He has old-timers disease.

Lots of stuff can happen with running another play... Bad snap (and there were tons of those tonight), sack, penalty, interception... It's not like the Eagles wouldn't be expecting a quick out to the sidelines... Coughlin took a calculated risk with the long FG and Tynes missed both attempts at it... I really, really wish Tynes woulda nailed it after Reid iced his miss.

Forget the 3rd down play for a second the 2nd down play to hixon there just no excuse for that we had a chance to get some yards and set up a manageable 3rd down fg or go for some more yards

Quote Originally Posted by FUUFNF View Post
    Lots of stuff can happen with running another play... Bad snap (and there were tons of those tonight), sack, penalty, interception... It's not like the Eagles wouldn't be expecting a quick out to the sidelines... Coughlin took a calculated risk with the long FG and Tynes missed both attempts at it... I really, really wish Tynes woulda nailed it after Reid iced his miss.
    That first miss should have put enough doubt in Coughlin to try another play.

Your thoughts?
    I agree with you. The management of the closing seconds were quite pathetic. If you don't have faith in your field general to make the right play, then who else could you trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    I'm sure the Eagles would be expecting anything to the sidelines but with 15 seconds left you have to at least try. A back shoulder, a running back in motion to the flat... We've seen it happen so many times and yet no confidence to even attempt it

Quote Originally Posted by FUUFNF View Post
    Impossible. I wanted him to make it too but experience of watching Tynes for years made reality kick in. He didn't have a prayer. And surely Coughlin knew that.