+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So you know the difference between the giants and the eagles?

McCoy has probably like 10 yards at half time. He finished the game with 123. You know why? They did not give up running.

The giants actually ran fairly well in the first half. When they were not running they hit the running backs for short dump off passes and were getting yards.

In the second half the giants started with a run for 5 yards and a first, then a run for 9 yards. Then on second and 1 he ran for the first. Then brown got a few carries made 3 or 4 each. Then TD pass to cruz.

Next drive giants pass,pass,3rd and 1. Giants go from i form to single back. Snee gets blown up and we dont get it. Then we get the 4th and one pass to cruz for 20+ down to the 8. So for the last two drives the giants have been running well.

So on first and goal at the 8. We throw and and INT, Eli manning 9 ints in the red zone since 2010.

Then eagles run the ball and take over the game. McCoy has 3 10+ yard runs on the next drive.

The giants end the game with 18 rushing attempts and 40+ passes. If only they would have kept running the ball. They might have broken a big one or tired down the eagles D like they did to us.

They lost, let it go.

I know this may surprise you but in the second half, when you say we didn't run the ball, we out scored the Eagles. Even with that INT. That game should have been won, it will stick in the craw for the rest of the year. Thing that we really didn't do well in the second half was defend against the run. They fix that, which I believe they can, it will be a much different story. I think with Chase's lack of speed he is unable to get there to cover up any mistakes made by the line. Not sure how they will address this issue.

All-Pro
    The Giants have not run well against them since the 1st game they played in 2008.

I have up on the first sentence, do you know why?Because the eagles are notorious for not using their top5 running back often, and yeah while you can congratulate them for not giving up on the guy, they usually don't use him.Reid knew the giants were weak on the outside and that are run defense has been atrocious.Smart play-calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I know this may surprise you but in the second half, when you say we didn't run the ball, we out scored the Eagles. Even with that INT. That game should have been won, it will stick in the craw for the rest of the year. Thing that we really didn't do well in the second half was defend against the run. They fix that, which I believe they can, it will be a much different story. I think with Chase's lack of speed he is unable to get there to cover up any mistakes made by the line. Not sure how they will address this issue.
    They can unless Rivers is healthy and at MLB

Eagles own the Giants... Thats all we can say. Its sad, but true. Even games we should win, we lose. We choke at the end somehow and give them the W.

5trive for Fiv5

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Eagles own the Giants... Thats all we can say. Its sad, but true. Even games we should win, we lose. We choke at the end somehow and give them the W.
    true but overall we have more playoff wins and SB wins in that time span that they have dominated us. sure it is a stabbing pain that wont go away not being able to beat them. However, Which would you rather have?? if you couldnt have both and beat the tar out of them and have had the sucess we have had its a no brainer. I dont think there is anyone on this MB that would trade 8 or 9 losses to them. As far as im concerned it can stay that way for the next 8 or 9 games vs them if we continue to do what we do in the post season
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    that was a lot of babble. but the bottom line is this. I could care less what any eagles fan has to say about their wins over us. means little in the overall big picture
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    McCoy has probably like 10 yards at half time. He finished the game with 123. You know why? They did not give up running.

The giants actually ran fairly well in the first half. When they were not running they hit the running backs for short dump off passes and were getting yards.

In the second half the giants started with a run for 5 yards and a first, then a run for 9 yards. Then on second and 1 he ran for the first. Then brown got a few carries made 3 or 4 each. Then TD pass to cruz.

Next drive giants pass,pass,3rd and 1. Giants go from i form to single back. Snee gets blown up and we dont get it. Then we get the 4th and one pass to cruz for 20+ down to the 8. So for the last two drives the giants have been running well.

So on first and goal at the 8. We throw and and INT, Eli manning 9 ints in the red zone since 2010.

Then eagles run the ball and take over the game. McCoy has 3 10+ yard runs on the next drive.

The giants end the game with 18 rushing attempts and 40+ passes. If only they would have kept running the ball. They might have broken a big one or tired down the eagles D like they did to us.
    Although the E-girls have a lot more rotation on their line than us, our run was somewhat working in the first half.
    At least much better than it was, where we got stuffed at or behind the line like a lot of last year. Maybe our O-line
    would have (did??) wore down, but I agree we gave up a little early on it. Between that and a little bit of no huddle
    to counter their D-line rotation. Not sure you ever going to see any true creativity out of this staff.