+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our o-line is an abomination

We had a lot of normal problems last night...I just don't think the O line was really one of them.
    Philly played very well on defense last night. We still moved the ball and had a chance to win.
    Just a tough loss. There were no glaring problems that I could see. Just a hard fought game where we barely came up short.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We had a lot of normal problems last night...I just don't think the O line was really one of them.
    Philly played very well on defense last night. We still moved the ball and had a chance to win.
    Just a tough loss. There were no glaring problems that I could see. Just a hard fought game where we barely came up short.
    If we tried to run it up the middle and the ball got stripped so we lost, I would have been fine. But the play call/decision was just stupid. I mean, really?!

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Kept eli clean against one of the best pass rushes in the league. Not saying they were great but hard to kill them against that line. And you have been calling for a better o line since LUKE left? We have two rings since then - you can't draft everywhere but what they have done has been amazing (draft wise)
    Actually, they only "kept Eli clean" because Eli threw the ball away several times instead of getting sacked. They did block a little better in the 2nd half, but as I've said many times, Eli rarely has room to step up into the pocket to get his throws off, and that's why he throws some off his back foot and has mechanical breakdowns from time to time.

Eli leads the league in passing yards
    Cruz leads the league in catches and first down receptions

the oline has issue but it is not an abomination......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    42 pass attempts 0 sacks against one of the best fronts in the league. If I were to put that stat line out there after week one and two no one would have believed it.
    Yeah, stats can be REALLY deceiving as well. How many times did Eli really throw the ball away just to avoid a sack in the game? A LOT. So you can site the "no sacks" stat, but it's reflected in Eli's completion percentage being lower than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Eli's sack totals say they have improved. but yes work in progress
    Harooni, you know that Eli threw several passes away just to avoid the sack. So no one can genuinely site the "no sacks" stat and really believe it.

I have to defend Beatty here. Has played extremely well this year. Was up against Trent Cole all game last week and did a pretty good job. Snee is getting older but can still hold his own. Locklear is treading water. Diehl and Baas have been major disappointments this year, DD needs to retire and Baas needs to get his head out of his ***. We need to get our push back if we are going to have any chance at creating run lanes.

With all this being said, sooner or later we need to give Wilson another shot. He just has much too much talent and speed to not be given another chance. His quickness can get him through holes seconds before Bradshaw or Brown would approach them.

Our o-line is not as bad as some of your are saying just because we threw the ball more doesn't mean our o-line sucked just means we were behind and we were behind that whole game on Sunday. Our o-line was terrible against Dallas and the 1st half against Tampa but has been formidable every since then.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    42 passing plays 18 running plays we have completely lost our balance and our o-line is just trash.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
    A. Bradshaw 13 39 3 0
    A. Brown 5 14 2.8 0

It is really getting depressing the watch the Giants. With our passing attack we should easily be able to run the ball. We have 3 very solid receivers as well as one very good receiving tight end. We could at least try to do what indy did and pass to our running backs.

lets give a run down:
    Bass is trash not only can't he block but he cant even execute a shut gun snap. Somehow from this young 49ers team busting with talent we managed to acquire and overpay their crappiest player.

Beaty- What is he good for? beats me. Can't block cant catch

Lets make a Deihl- Worst oline player in the NFL.

Locklear the only person doing a decent job considering what stage of his career he is in.

Snee/Suebert I cant even remember who is left. In short nothing to write home about.
    Seubert, he retired two years ago. I think Boothe has played well. Snee has been OK. Beatty is just back so you have to give him some time. I agerr that Baas and Diehl are bad.

The OL has been an issue for a few years. We have not really added super quality here. I think it is time to either draft to bookends or grab one in free agency and draft another. That OL is getting up there in years.

+ Reply to Thread