+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Our o-line is an abomination

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The OL looks bad because they where bad las year, they where bad during the pre season, and they are still bad.
    Andre Brown refutes this claim. Period.

All-Pro
    Yeah against 2 teams that are a combined 2-6.

Re-watching the game the worst culprit of the game might be booth. On one sequence the giants run on first down the line makes a big hole on the right side and bradshaw runs for 8. on the next play 77 booth has a defender right infront of him, when the ball is snapped he turns left and the defender runs right by him bradshaw gets hit three yards behind the line of scrimmage. I have seen three instances of this already, amazing he is so confused by who he things he is supposed to block he turns, and then someone runs right up the spot he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah against 2 teams that are a combined 2-6.
    If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.

Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.

2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."
    2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.

Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.

2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."
    2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."
    I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.
    this is the eagles game I am talking about. BTW in the game brown went out limping.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I can only go by what I see watching the games.....Brown is simply a more effective running back right now.

Bradshaw is clearly off his peak from 2010. It happens pretty quickly with running backs. Bradhshaw was once so explosive that it didnt' matter that he was an impatient runner. Now, it's just glaring.

I know its all supposed to be a one game at a time mentality, but looking past the Browns you have the 49ers, Redskins, Dallas, Steelers, etc. coming up. A bunch of pass rushing defenses that will give the O-line a heap o' hell if they don't gel quickly.

Hopefully the Giants having their backs against a wall will force them to get better or Eli might not make it through the year...especially the 49ers' game.

You have no idea what your talking about you need to just stop giving your opinion. Go to NFL Replay and look how Beatty played one of the best lineman in the NFL. Then tell what you think of Beatty. Read what Dan Grasiano said about Beatty after he replayed the Game. His headline was Will Beatty handled Trent Cole. Read the article then maybe you won't put these dumb comment on this site.

THE Professional Football Focus stated that Beatty TOOK HIS JOB FROM LOCKLEAR. TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK. LOCKLEAR IS GOOD BUT HIS A RIGHT TACKLE HE DOES NOT HAVE THE FEET THAT BEATTY HAS. BUT WHEN DIEHL COMES BACK WATCH WHO THEY SIT ON THE BENCH. THEN YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE OLINE. ONE MORE POINT BEATTY HAS PLAYED THREE GAME NO SACKS.

+ Reply to Thread