+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tired of the talk of our "Ferocious" Dline...

This is all just hype at this point and is not justifiable! We have shown nothing to suggest it is true....nothing...so I hope the media and over-indulging fan will cool their jets for a while on all that talk until (if possible) we get it going again. Right now our pass-rush looks terrible again...like it did during most of the season last year. Tuck and Osi looked like rookies out there on more than one occassion and as awesome as JPP has been in the previous seasons, he is looking ordinary! Keep inmind, the Eagles Oline is trash and we looked like chickens. Gave way too much respect to Vick.

Granted, our secondary is probably ranked near the bottom of the league and I hope that is due to the injuries and not the lack of talent or coaching in that area! Websterr's time has passed. Prince is not progressing fast enough and Hosley (who is likely our best corner) was dinged

Other than our receivers still looking sharp...our Oline did great against what is truthfully the best Dline in the league, as far as pass protection is concerned. I think we could have done OK in the run-game but we were too conservative in the beginning on offense.

I thought our defense looked pretty good to be honest..., the only thing was that the team was getting exhausted way too quickly and I don't blame them. With our slim rotation because of injuries, it's tough. A lot of times there were too many dumb mistakes too: see Osi.Can't make too many mistakes against a quick offense like that - it'll cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by hungrrrry View Post
    This is all just hype at this point and is not justifiable! We have shown nothing to suggest it is true....nothing...so I hope the media and over-indulging fan will cool their jets for a while on all that talk until (if possible) we get it going again. Right now our pass-rush looks terrible again...like it did during most of the season last year. Tuck and Osi looked like rookies out there on more than one occassion and as awesome as JPP has been in the previous seasons, he is looking ordinary! Keep inmind, the Eagles Oline is trash and we looked like chickens. Gave way too much respect to Vick.

Granted, our secondary is probably ranked near the bottom of the league and I hope that is due to the injuries and not the lack of talent or coaching in that area! Websterr's time has passed. Prince is not progressing fast enough and Hosley (who is likely our best corner) was dinged

Other than our receivers still looking sharp...our Oline did great against what is truthfully the best Dline in the league, as far as pass protection is concerned. I think we could have done OK in the run-game but we were too conservative in the beginning on offense.
    +1

our pass rush is not what it's suppose to be. not at all.

as of right now we've got JPP who many consider the best DE in the league, and then a couple guys that are above average at best until they prove otherwise.

i'm sick of thinking this guys are awesome based on reputation alone.

Our line could be due for an overhauling pretty soon.

No way Osi will be back next year and I can't see the FO backing up the money truck for Tuck.

All-Pro
    They have cap problems while Osi and Webster have not been good at all this year. I could see them parting ways with those guys and drafting a DE and CB ASAP in the draft. Maybe pick up a FA. That still won't help them beat the Eagles. The Eagles just own the Giants.

All-Pro
    I do think the D played fairly well, but I agree the d-line is overrated. Osi is definitely in his last year as a Giant, and I am starting to think Tuck may no longer be able to play at the level we have come to expect from him. It may be time to see who the next man up is at the DE position.

Veteran
    ^
    Agreed.

They played decent but were very undisciplined on the cut back runs against McCoy.

The interior linemen (Joesph and Bernard) played better than the DE's.

Tuck has been noticeably silent.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I do think the D played fairly well, but I agree the d-line is overrated. Osi is definitely in his last year as a Giant, and I am starting to think Tuck may no longer be able to play at the level we have come to expect from him. It may be time to see who the next man up is at the DE position.
    Ojomo

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Ojomo
    Is he still nursing a hammy? Because we could definitely use him right now... What about Adrian Tracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Is he still nursing a hammy? Because we could definitely use him right now... What about Adrian Tracy?

Not sure, but it would be nice for them to be back for rotational reasons.

It would keep the defense catching their breaths. Team was way too tired against the Eagles. The eagles are a quick team. No way this happens against a team like Cleveland for instance.