+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What went well in the game:

1) Wilson. If he can return punts like that, we have some serious gold on our hands. The fact that in all his punt returns he didn't fumble once shows that he has been working on his fumbleitis...

2) Prince. Shut down Maclin and kept him to 1 catch for something like 10 yards the whole game. Essentially flawless... my only question is why wasn't he moved over to jackson?

3) Blackburn. Definitely played like he wanted to be there. Made some nice tackles in the running game.

4) Stevie. We need to find a way to work this guy in more often (that don't involve KP getting injured). I hope to see some 3 safety sets soon.

5) JPP. As always, holding up our entire defensive line.

6) Weatherford (and the punt coverage unit). I don't think philly had good field position at all that entire game.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

It's been awhile, but I think we get a run back or 2 on kickoffs this year, especially if they get the coverage and Wilson runs that hard everytime. Kid has some insane speed!

7) Hixon, 114 yards receiving. Not bad for a guy with 2 ACL's in his medical history...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

8) Bennett was a bit of an unsung hero... he was kept in to block most of the time, but he did well in pass protection. The few times he went out for a reception, he had an incredible catch that Beatty held on, that INT in the endzone should have never been thrown in his direction, and one other time that I saw where he wasn't targeted...

Fantasy headline quotes:

Hixon played awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Hixon played awesome....
    Hixon is not Nicks or Cruz, but when one of them is missing, he's great to have around. It seems Gilbride correctly selected Hixon as the # 3 at the end of pre-season.

And Bennett also get my vote.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I just wanted to post what I DID like about the game because now I have *******s on this board saying I'm "not a real fan" for calling Barden terrible or saying Eli, TC, and Gilbride all made knuckleheaded decisions...

Fantasy headline quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I just wanted to post what I DID like about the game because now I have *******s on this board saying I'm "not a real fan" for calling Barden terrible or saying Eli, TC, and Gilbride all made knuckleheaded decisions...
    No one is saying you're not a real fan, and if they are, don't pay attention to him. But have an open-mind before you start spewing out BS about Barden being bad.

You're just mad about the PI, that's why you had to make the post about Barden.

No offense, I'm not a mind-reader, but it's kind of obvious.

Veteran
    I think BLackburn has the sense to play well, but he just seems slow out there. I think if Rivers had been able to play he would have made a big difference.