+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kruunch's Take (Eagles Game I)

And without further ado ... a more objective look:

1) Eagles are a big play team ... the Giants are vulnerable to the big play. Same thing, different season.

2) How do you play Desean Jackson that softly?

3) McCoy is *the* best running back in the league. It's a shame the Eagles discovered it this week.

4) Osi Osi Osi .... say it with me ... run containment!

5) Despite all that, defense did a great job of keeping the Eagles out of the end zone.

6) JPP continues to be an absolute beast on that line.

7) Being essentially Barden's rookie season ... you're going to have to live through rookie mistakes. But OUCH!

8) Every new receiver (new to starting) on the Giants has to learn to run the route completely (Randle, Bennett, Barden). Every freakin time.

9) Ruben Randle needs to worry less about the refs and more about completing the play (see point #8).

10) WE HAVE A RETURN GAME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!! (loves me my David Wilson and RR kick/punt returns)

11) Overall meh ... but I am feeling better about Fewell's defense (ironically). While McCoy was able to go a bit nuts in the second half, I thought the defense adjusted nicely where/when it mattered.

12) No, this wasn't Gilbride's fault. No this wasn't Fewell's fault. No this wasn't TC's fault. This is football (hey give the other team some credit).

13) Princess is starting to look decent in the secondary ... now someone teach him run support. Sheeesh.

14) Playing DB for the Giants should be a prison sentence for states that don't have the death penalty. Row 3, Aisle 6 COME ON DOWN!

15) Mistakes, kind of playing a little "off", Eagles FINALLY play mistake free football, Eagles discover that it's not illegal to run the ball ... and we still should have won that game.

16) The sky isn't falling.

Osi, run containment... hmm, I do agree with you.

When Vick runs the outside, you don't go directly behind Vick, you contain him to the route he's going and let someone from the other side catch him if he makes the cut.

It's easier to visualize what I just said, but I'm sure many people here have seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    And without further ado ... a more objective look:

1) Eagles are a big play team ... the Giants are vulnerable to the big play. Same thing, different season.

2) How do you play Desean Jackson that softly?

3) McCoy is *the* best running back in the league. It's a shame the Eagles discovered it this week.

4) Osi Osi Osi .... say it with me ... run containment!

5) Despite all that, defense did a great job of keeping the Eagles out of the end zone.

6) JPP continues to be an absolute beast on that line.

7) Being essentially Barden's rookie season ... you're going to have to live through rookie mistakes. But OUCH!

8) Every new receiver (new to starting) on the Giants has to learn to run the route completely (Randle, Bennett, Barden). Every freakin time.

9) Ruben Randle needs to worry less about the refs and more about completing the play (see point #8).

10) WE HAVE A RETURN GAME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!! (loves me my David Wilson and RR kick/punt returns)

11) Overall meh ... but I am feeling better about Fewell's defense (ironically). While McCoy was able to go a bit nuts in the second half, I thought the defense adjusted nicely where/when it mattered.

12) No, this wasn't Gilbride's fault. No this wasn't Fewell's fault. No this wasn't TC's fault. This is football (hey give the other team some credit).

13) Princess is starting to look decent in the secondary ... now someone teach him run support. Sheeesh.

14) Playing DB for the Giants should be a prison sentence for states that don't have the death penalty. Row 3, Aisle 6 COME ON DOWN!

15) Mistakes, kind of playing a little "off", Eagles FINALLY play mistake free football, Eagles discover that it's not illegal to run the ball ... and we still should have won that game.

16) The sky isn't falling.
    Haha, as always, enjoy your write-ups Kruunch! What say you Obi-Wan regarding the Oline and the run? Must admit, Baas is jumping on my last nerve with his continued snap issues and now teams will game plan using this game. I'm ready for Boothe again.

I think that you pretty much nailed it.

An NFC East game against a good team on the road. We all new it was going to be a tight game, and we turned it over and they didn't. Even so, we still had a good chance to win at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by swimeasy View Post
    Haha, as always, enjoy your write-ups Kruunch! What say you Obi-Wan regarding the Oline and the run? Must admit, Baas is jumping on my last nerve with his continued snap issues and now teams will game plan using this game. I'm ready for Boothe again.
    I'm not a Baas fan either but I'll give him a pass for the slip-snaps last night. Metlife stadium is quickly becoming notorious for producing a slick ball if the humidity gets above 50%.

Overall, I think the oline adjusted nicely after Eli got shelled in the first two series. I think their run blocking is adequet and Bradshaw gains more blame then them for our lack of run production lately (i.e. same oline, and Brown goes nuts).

Unless there is a huge turn around with Baas however, I'm hoping we do something different at center next year. But there's plenty of time for him to get with the program (and he did have some great blocks last night).

The whole D blew their discipline with the backside containment....even JPP. That and the lack of a rushing game for the Gmen was the biggest issues IMO.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

LOL.....Did you here Collinsworth say Baas thinks he's skipiing rocks back there he did it like 3 or 4 times last night.

One thing I have never seen is Snee getting pushed back and that's exactly what Fletcher Cox was doing to Snee....all in all the line was average except for Baas snaps and the lack of a push on the rushing plays.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    The whole D blew their discipline with the backside containment....even JPP. That and the lack of a rushing game for the Gmen was the biggest issues IMO.
    The really puzzling thing about this is that we should have been gashing that Wide-9 defense on the ground all night.

While our run blocking isn't astounding, I just don't think Bradshaw is the running back he was back in 2010 or before. They made a good reference about this lack of vision lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The really puzzling thing about this is that we should have been gashing that Wide-9 defense on the ground all night.

While our run blocking isn't astounding, I just don't think Bradshaw is the running back he was back in 2010 or before. They made a good reference about this lack of vision lately.
    Exactly.....the wide 9 should be vulnerable to the run to a degree. The LBs filling gaps quickly though.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch