+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Everybody.....CHILL THE HECK OUT!!!!!

Usually I wait for someone else to start this thread after a tough loss, but I can't wait anymore.

We lost a game to a division rival that we should have won and we didn't execute in the last drive, but the good news is that those mistakes are correctable.

When Eli looks at the tape today, he will be kicking himself for that redzone INT and that pass to Barden. Correctable! And the other mistakes in the game can be corrected also.

We are 2-2 right now. There's still a lot of football left. This isn't the time to push the panic button.

It might be disheartening for the team because they have been playing well even with the injuries. Sucks, but it's true. Team needs to keep the heart and keep it in their heads that they do have the talent to win.

i look at it differently.

i'm not throwing in the towel on the seaosn or anything, but one of my biggest concerns has been our cap situation and how we're going to continue to improve in an increasingly tight division.

so far this season, pieces that i thought were indispensible (tuck, webster, phillips, Osi sorta), are not nearly as critical anymore and could provide some relief so we don't have to make a tough decision like keeping Nicks over Cruz or something like that.

Veteran
    the good news? dude, we've lost two divisional games already. There is no good news, unless were flawless from here on out in divisional games. Look at our record thus far and everyone elses and tack on 2 divisional loses. Good news? no. It's still early though, thats about as much as I'll say.

Ah this conversation never get old (it would seem)... "You can't win em all" would seem appropriate! And so does the "Fair-weather fan" scenario..... In times of a minimal loss to a division rival is not the end of the world..... Time to get behind our team and keep the positive attitude!

>>> GO GIANTS!

Veteran
    Look enough of the ohh lets be positive.. Yes, I agree to a point. Is it the end of the world no. Is our season doomed, no. Is the team in trouble no. Fact is we lost two divisional games early in the season. That's huge. Any fan that knows alittle something is going to be a little concerned about the implications that could arise. So, yes.I am absoluetlyirritated the last thing we want is to have the losses haunt us if it comes down to a close race which i'm almost certain it will. Anyway, I just finished the game now becuase I was at work all night.. So, i'm also not be as rational as I normally am anyway.

0-2 in the divsion...that sucks.....
    they have the talent to win out for sure but to lose to the peice of **** eagles just sucks beyond belief. Emotional loss for the fans big time....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

If you watch anything other than Giant games you will see how the NFC is shaping up and that a WC might take 11 wins. 2 Divisional losses puts them way behind the 8 ball.

Am I concerned? Absolutley.

Am I throwing in the towel? Not even close...this season just started and we have 4 more division games, if we split all the series in our division and go 3-3, that won't even be that bad as long as we handle our business outside the division. I believe in this team to turn things around until we're officially disqualified.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    If you watch anything other than Giant games you will see how the NFC is shaping up and that a WC might take 11 wins. 2 Divisional losses puts them way behind the 8 ball.
    exactly..