+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Holding calls on our OLINE

remember when we had the replacement Refs in first three games and the didnt drop a flag for holding at all. we kinda didnt like that JPP and Tuck and others were be Held and Tackled at times but we Lived with it cause they were not calling it on any teams.

When we got the real Refs back i thought we would get our fair share of calls. Last night, correct me if i am wrong, but we had several nice gains called back due to holding calls. Not saying they were not holding or they were. we just had quite a few of them. I dont recall the eagles being flagged for holding at all. especially on some of the HUGE gains when it was obvious that JPP and others were being obviously held. being dragged down in front of the refs and fists full of jersey....unreal...

matter of fact i am remembering one on philly but it didnt have any bearing. eli got ball off for compeltion and 5/10 yards off to his right a defender was falling over one of our blockers and grabbed his jersey as they were about to hit the ground. we declined it. but the ones they should have called were overlooked or missed.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

McCoy had a long run called back for holding in the 1st half.

But seriously, the refs didn't call this one-sided. the giants certainly got the benefit on those first two PI calls on the final drive. There was also another offensive PI call that wasn't called against the Giants earlier in the game that kept the eagles from intercepting it in the corner of the endzone.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 10-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.

All-Pro
    true i guess it goes both ways. just bitter
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***