+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

D-line not playing up to their reputation

They are playing OK but surely not dominating games. I kept hearing what a weak O-line the Eagles have at the moments and it looked to me that they didn't take advantage of that. Giving up 19 points is not a horrible showing and would noramlly would win with the Giants offense. I hope they begin turning it on soon.

I'm not sure what's going on our if the injury to Canty was more significant that we thought?? The d-line has just been horrendous and Osi and Tuck and MIA. All I remember is Collinsworth kept repeating last night that everytime the Giants rush more than 4 they usually get to Vick and for some reason they seemed to never do that. When the only sack being recorded is by Blackburn than you definetly know the line is struggling right now.

I think it's the DTs not getting pressure inside. Other than that, stupid mental problems by Osi and Tuck, Tuck is lost in space

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I'm not sure what's going on our if the injury to Canty was more significant that we thought?? The d-line has just been horrendous and Osi and Tuck and MIA. All I remember is Collinsworth kept repeating last night that everytime the Giants rush more than 4 they usually get to Vick and for some reason they seemed to never do that. When the only sack being recorded is by Blackburn than you definetly know the line is struggling right now.
    Canty might be a big part of it... but I think the bigger part is Hosley being out. PF refuses to send extra men on the rush if he can't secure the backfield due to depleted personnel in the secondary... if we had Hosley and Prince starting, we would have rushed extra men a lot more...

I found myself thinking the same thing last night. Not too daunting thus far if you ask me. Blackburn is tied for the lead in sacks with 2. JPP is the only one on that line that is earning his keep. He is unstoppable.

JPP is an absolute monster, it's crazy how disruptive he's been already. I think we just need to mix it up more with some blitzing and different schemes that work to our strengths and hopefully we'll start to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    JPP is an absolute monster, it's crazy how disruptive he's been already. I think we just need to mix it up more with some blitzing and different schemes that work to our strengths and hopefully we'll start to play better.
    As I said before, PF refuses to send extra men on the rush unless he knows he can control the defensive backfield with the guys he's dropping into coverage. Add in Tuck playing out of position, and no healthy depth for rotation, and the defense just collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    As I said before, PF refuses to send extra men on the rush unless he knows he can control the defensive backfield with the guys he's dropping into coverage. Add in Tuck playing out of position, and no healthy depth for rotation, and the defense just collapses.
    True very true..Hopefully we get through Cleveland with a w/ and then we'll really need the line to step uo against SF. We all know how hard those games were last season.

All-Pro
    I have been defending Tuck but I do think he has lost a step. Next year this team will look a lot different. The way they are playing so far this year and with the cap situation I think hey part ways with Osi and Webster. No way Tuck gets more money.