+ Reply to Thread

Once we put it all together

I'm done venting for the day, on a positive note I saw a lot of good things last night. For once special teams is starting to look really good. Even though Baas had some bad snacks the line as a whole didn't play to badly. Our secondary is starting to look better, even when Phillips went out. Brown and Hill have been playing really well, especially on special teams. Hopefully by the end of the season we'll be clicking on all cylinders. This Giants tema can be very scary if and once the start putting everything together. Even though we lost last night it's still early in the season, it just sucks that we're 0-2 in the division right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I'm done venting for the day, on a positive note I saw a lot of good things last night. For once special teams is starting to look really good. Even though Baas had some bad snacks the line as a whole didn't play to badly. Our secondary is starting to look better, even when Phillips went out. Brown and Hill have been playing really well, especially on special teams. Hopefully by the end of the season we'll be clicking on all cylinders. This Giants tema can be very scary if and once the start putting everything together. Even though we lost last night it's still early in the season, it just sucks that we're 0-2 in the division right now.
    If we can keep Hosley, Prince, Phillips, and Rolle healthy, we'd have a base secondary that is actually pretty scary. Then PF would be willing to send linebackers on the rush, and all of a sudden our D-line would play up to its reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I completely agree, it's so frustrating to have to deal with these kind of injuries every single year. I just wish we could start off healthy and stay healthy. I think our defense would be top 5 easily in every category. I really think Rivers being back will help us out too.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If we can keep Hosley, Prince, Phillips, and Rolle healthy, we'd have a base secondary that is actually pretty scary. Then PF would be willing to send linebackers on the rush, and all of a sudden our D-line would play up to its reputation...
    Agree 100%. Add in a healthy Rivers, the return of Canty and perhaps work in a 4th DE (Ojomo, Tracy) to help with the rotation and all of the sudden the defense is lightyears improved.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

It's so sad, considering that if we could have any ONE of the injured players this week (except maybe DD), we would have won. Hosley would have stopped the passes to jackson handily. Rivers would have contained Prick and Lady gaga easily. Hakeem Nicks would have pulled a completion out of the jaws of an INT at the end, without blatant OPI. Canty would have flushed out the pocket, allowing Tuck and JPP to contain the edges. Ojomo would have provided rotation rest to our starting DE's to prevent them from collapsing on the field in the 2nd half.

Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I really think the lack of depth right now at defensive tackle is hurting us more than anything. Tuck is having to play DT more leaving which is gasing him out. Leaving Osi out the outside more. If my memory serves me right Kiwi was even lined up at DT and DE last night.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I really think the lack of depth right now at defensive tackle is hurting us more than anything. Tuck is having to play DT more leaving which is gasing him out. Leaving Osi out the outside more. If my memory serves me right Kiwi was even lined up at DT and DE last night.
    They ran the nascar a couple of times... against a run-based offense. /facepalm

Did any of you see Austin getting blown off the ball while he was in? Man I've been so excited to see this kid in action and so far it just seems like he's still a step behind and has some weight that needs to be dropped.