+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Osi have the ability to stop the run?

No question in mind that Osi has the ability to stop the run, but I think his sack happy nature prevents him from doing just that. It seems like he loses all consciousness when he see a clear path to a QB. For instance, last night those delay hand off to McCoy was like his kryptonite. He plays as if no else on opponents offense have ability to possess the ball other the QB. So when he realized Vick didn't have the Ball a few of the draw plays. He had to change direction towards the running back, and by that time the RB is gone. Afterwards, you can see that clueless I screwed up look on his face. Osi is really fast, and could keep put with the best of them. I question is strategy and not his ability. What do you think?

it was like watching a 4 yr old play soccer.

he just ran to whereever the ball was.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    No question in mind that Osi has the ability to stop the run, but I think his sack happy nature prevents him from doing just that. It seems like he loses all consciousness when he see a clear path to a QB. For instance, last night those delay hand off to McCoy was like his kryptonite. He plays as if no else on opponents offense have ability to possess the ball other the QB. So when he realized Vick didn't have the Ball a few of the draw plays. He had to change direction towards the running back, and by that time the RB is gone. Afterwards, you can see that clueless I screwed up look on his face. Osi is really fast, and could keep put with the best of them. I question is strategy and not his ability. What do you think?
    I dont know what the deal is with Osi this year. He isnt getting to the QB and is getting burned on the run. I would be confused as heck if i was Perry Fewell.

Another thing that pissed me the **** off was after Osi gave up those big couple runs to his side, he got pulled out of the rotation for a breather. And what was he doing? Laughing/smiling on the sideline like he just made a great play or something. Until I see one of his famous strip sacks WHEN WE NEED ONE this guy is washed up IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I dont know what the deal is with Osi this year. He isnt getting to the QB and is getting burned on the run. I would be confused as heck if i was Perry Fewell.

Another thing that pissed me the **** off was after Osi gave up those big couple runs to his side, he got pulled out of the rotation for a breather. And what was he doing? Laughing/smiling on the sideline like he just made a great play or something. Until I see one of his famous strip sacks WHEN WE NEED ONE this guy is washed up IMO
    +1

Bench Player
    Osi is Nosi. He is done.

I said Osi is overrated but others say oh he is good and swatting the ball away. He is getting me mad and wasting Giant's money.

I think our d-line, or at least the d-ends aren't playing with much discipline. Only saving grace is JPP is making the plays, but I think Tuck and Osi are playing horrible. They haven't been staying in lanes and they have been really slacking in pursuit. Eagles went inside/outside repeatedly on them and they are totally exposed and winded.

He was terrible last night laughing like a jackass when he screwed up. He just wants sacks this year to max out his payday this offseason.

I think if he were more discipline he would be able to stop the run.

Only if he gets paid