+ Reply to Thread

What about the Defense Tackles? Do we have solid guys playing both DTs

I am not big Fan of Rocky Bernard or Linval Joseph. Both guys seem very slow and at times have no impact on the pass rush. The reason being. Osi, Tuck and JPP are constantly getting doubled and neither Bernard or Joseph take advantage of the man on man play. I think our dline is really missing Canty right now. Canty is big and fast and other team have to pay him alot of attention as well, which I think can free up our DEs more often.

Linval Joseph is the run stuffer and Bernard is the pass rusher on the interior.

Unfortunately, Bernard is old. He always seems to make an impact in the first quarter, and then is non-existant in the 4th.

Joseph's game is not to rush the passer. If you notice, most of McCoy's runs were off tackle at our overpursing DEs (yes, that includes JPP). Joseph does very well for what he is in there for.

Canty was a younger more agile player than Bernard, and could make a difference for longer in the game. Austin is suppose to be a good pass rusher too, but he doesn't seem to have the address to the stadium the Giants are playing at every week.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Linval Joseph is the run stuffer and Bernard is the pass rusher on the interior.

Unfortunately, Bernard is old. He always seems to make an impact in the first quarter, and then is non-existant in the 4th.

Joseph's game is not to rush the passer. If you notice, most of McCoy's runs were off tackle at our overpursing DEs (yes, that includes JPP). Joseph does very well for what he is in there for.

Canty was a younger more agile player than Bernard, and could make a difference for longer in the game. Austin is suppose to be a good pass rusher too, but he doesn't seem to have the address to the stadium the Giants are playing at every week.
    Points taken. But what I am getting at is that these guys aren't taking advantage of the match ups that our DEs see. If the teams are not running the ball on certain plays you become a pass rusher. Our DTs are never anywhere to be found. Our DEs on both sides were getting mugged and double pretty the whole entire night, but you don't see any impact either of our DTs.

Agree, the whole D-line, ends and tackles, played poorly. What really hurts Vick (or any QB for that matter) is push/pressure up the middle. Last night, there was none of that. And it's disturbing considering that Philly is smaller than the Giants.

IMO Bernard has been the Best out of all DT's. He is always on the field and he makes plays with his hustle. Canty is hurt allot , Austin has been absent too much as well , Linval Joseph has been solid but I think Bernard has putplayed him even at his age and Kuhn is still learning.