+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    Bennet underutilized

    I'm not sure why but it seemed like the game play didn't include Bennet. I only remember him being thrown to about 1-2 times. He's played great the last couple of games. It's like they just locked in the receivers and were looking for the big plays all night rather tan trying to take advantage on Bennet mismatch.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I'm not sure why but it seemed like the game play didn't include Bennet. I only remember him being thrown to about 1-2 times. He's played great the last couple of games. It's like they just locked in the receivers and were looking for the big plays all night rather tan trying to take advantage on Bennet mismatch.
    Its not that our gameplan didn't include benett is that the eagles gameplan included shutting him down. Wasn't open at all.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

  3. #3
    Veteran manning to shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florham Park
    Posts
    1,808
    from what i saw i think the o-line needed help and he was primarily blocking but i could be wrong i didnt focus on him that much.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Eli hit Bennett as much as he could in the last 2 games. Don't you think he was trying to be utilized, passing-wise, as much as he could against the Eagles.

    1) Wasn't open
    2) Utilized as a blocker.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Its not that our gameplan didn't include benett is that the eagles gameplan included shutting him down. Wasn't open at all.
    Eagles bracketed Bennet over/under all game long and doubled Cruz most of the game. They're gameplan was to force Eli to throw at Hixon and Barden who were matched up against DRC and NA respectively. It worked as Eli was uncomfortable most of the game and they limited the offense to 17 points.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

  6. #6
    I noticed he was being utilzed as a blocker in some situations but not the whole game. It just seems like they might have put to much faith in the wideouts getting open.

  7. #7
    Bennett was in to block most of the game, at least what I saw...

    Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Eli hit Bennett as much as he could in the last 2 games. Don't you think he was trying to be utilized, passing-wise, as much as he could against the Eagles.

    1) Wasn't open
    2) Utilized as a blocker.
    Agreed.
    Bennett was brought here primarily for his skills as a blocker. Our Oline is frankly severly outmatched by Eagles Dline. Bennett had to be used more as a blocker against them. Also Eagles LB's are much faster then the LBs of the Panthers and Bucs.
    I dont know what your FF tells you but Eagles are #2 against TEs and held Pitta to almost nothing.

    Who we really missed was Nicks ... not Bennett

  9. #9
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,577
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I noticed he was being utilzed as a blocker in some situations but not the whole game. It just seems like they might have put to much faith in the wideouts getting open.
    Two Wide outs had over 100 yards each
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Two Wide outs had over 100 yards each
    And one of those wideouts had back-to-back ACLs too...

    Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts