+ Reply to Thread

Giants vs. Eagles: "Kudos and Wet Willies" review

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/1...-game-analysis

Excerpt: "It is time to review the New York Giants' 19-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in our traditional 'Kudos & Wet Willies' style. Painful as it might be for many of you to go through this, let's do it.

Kudos to

]Domenik Hixon: I don't know about you, but I was a little bit surprised that it was Hixon and not Ramses Barden starting opposite Victor Cruz on Sunday night. Hixon, however, was tremendous. He had six catches for 114 yards, the longest a 41-yarder. He ran great routes, competed for the ball, got yardage after the catch and broke up a potential interception in the end zone. After two torn ACLs it is nice to see Hixon playing this well.

Victor Cruz:
    Did the Eagles really think Brandon Boykin, a rookie slot cornerback, had any chance against Cruz? He didn't. Cruz had nine catches for 109 yards, including a 30-yarder on a critical fourth down, many of those lined up against the overmatched rookie.

David Wilson
    :
    Yes, the rookie first-round pick seems like a jittery, unreliable mess right now lined up in the backfield. As a kickoff returner, though? What an incredible weapon! I can't remember the Giants ever having a night like returning kickoffs during the Tom Coughlin era as head coach. Wilson returned six kickoffs for an average of 36 yards per return. He had returns of 36, 48, 45, 53 and 37 yards. For reference, the Giants had one kickoff return of longer than 40 yards all of last season. Wilson already has three, and is averaging 30.2 yards per return.

Chase Blackburn
    :
    Ten sackles, a sack, two passes defensed. Anyone still think Mark Herzlich should be the starting middle linebacker? That's a tough case to make today.

Prince Amukamara: Dare I say this after watching Amukamara play only two games, especially two games without two healthy legs? Amukamara, right now, is easily playing the best of any cornerback the Giants have. Amukamara had four tackles, a pass defensed and was in lock down mode most of the night. I will be interested to see the number of times he was targeted and the completions he surrendered, but I can remember only one play being made in front of him Sunday night.

Stevie Brown: Filling in for the injured Kenny Phillips Brown played admirably. He ended up with seven tackles, including an open field one onLeSean McCoy, two tackles for loss and a hit on Eagles' quarterback Michael Vick while blitzing." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

sounds about right
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Wheres the Wet Willies?

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Wheres the Wet Willies?
    open up the link
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Wheres the Wet Willies?
    Click on the link. We have copyright infringement issues to be wary of so we can't post entire news articles
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    open up the link
    Ahh...didnt see the link.