+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
  1. #1

    Beatty is not the answer at LT

    Beatty might have a future at RT, but I just don't see it at LT. Way too much pressure from his side (not that Locklear played THAT much better). If there is a big name free agent LT in free agency this upcoming year, I think the time would be now to make a move.

  2. #2
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,224
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    Beatty might have a future at RT, but I just don't see it at LT. Way too much pressure from his side (not that Locklear played THAT much better). If there is a big name free agent LT in free agency this upcoming year, I think the time would be now to make a move.
    explain where they get the $$ from for that. They are strapped to begin with. I have no idea of how cap stuff works but I can say they wont have the $$ for a big name LT. Thats one of the top three salaries on most teams.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    explain where they get the $$ from for that. They are strapped to begin with. I have no idea of how cap stuff works but I can say they wont have the $$ for a big name LT. Thats one of the top three salaries on most teams.
    That and if there is a lights out LT still around these days, I'd love to know what league he plays for because there isn't one in the NFL anymore. There are no Orlando Pace's or Walter Jones' anymore. Those days are long over.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    Beatty might have a future at RT, but I just don't see it at LT. Way too much pressure from his side (not that Locklear played THAT much better). If there is a big name free agent LT in free agency this upcoming year, I think the time would be now to make a move.
    Have no idea what you are talkng about. Beatty played great last week and played pretty well last night against one of the best pass rushers in the league.
    Last edited by GMENAGAIN; 10-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  5. #5
    There's no big name LTs entering FA next year and as stated before, we don't have the cap space to make such an aggressive move. You could say we need to draft another LT but the future of the interior looks more suspect with Boothe just being ok, Baas playing like crap, and Snee getting older. If we can reestablish a running game up the middle, you'll focus less on the play of our tackles that we are so dependent on for runs around the edges and for the deep passing game.

  6. #6
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    84
    What did Beatty do wrong?

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,317
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiRiza View Post
    What did Beatty do wrong?
    If I remember right from last year, Beatty (along with every other tackle they have) doesn't handle speed rushers well. Course last year I thought Diehl was worse.

  8. #8
    Beatty played good last night...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    If I remember right from last year, Beatty (along with every other tackle they have) doesn't handle speed rushers well. Course last year I thought Diehl was worse.
    Last year??? Who gives a **** what he did last year when he missed most of the season anyway and he is playing well this year. Man, the loons are out in full force today.

  10. #10
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,057
    I thought he played good last night. The Eagles have a better pass rush than the Giants and they didn't have a sack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts