+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry 2nd and 9 from the philly 26, with 28 seconds left...

Why did Eli even attempt that throw to Barden when we were already in FG range? One more short completion and Tynes kicks the winner from 40 yds out! Even an incompletion there and we still kick the winner from 43. Why go for a TD when we dont need it Eli??

That game was handed to Philly right there! Sickening, makes no sense!

Was it really 28 seconds? Wow... even worse of a play-call..... I thought it was lower than that.

Quote Originally Posted by 53canton View Post
    Why did Eli even attempt that throw to Barden when we were already in FG range? One more short completion and Tynes kicks the winner from 40 yds out! Even an incompletion there and we still kick the winner from 43. Why go for a TD when we dont need it Eli??

That game was handed to Philly right there! Sickening, makes no sense!
    Same old **** we always see from this offense against Philly.

The smart move would have been to spread the defense, and then hand off to Brown up the middle for a few more yards.....then spike the ball, kick the game winner and go home.

But for some ****ing reason that escapes me, this team is all about the pass.

Yes, exactly. 2nd down at a 44 yarder. HAND THE BALL OFF AND CLOCK IT. The worst thing that happens is a 44 yarder. I dont understand the logic of what they did. WTF?!?!?

I want answers, all the media guys are only asking them about the 3rd and long with 15 sec left. **** that play, who cares. WHAT ABOUT 2nd DOWN FROM THE 27 YARD LINE?!?! WHY WOULD YOU THROW A DEEP PASS?!?! I am so unbelievably pissed that Coughlin got outcoached. What a disgrace.

INEXCUSABLE

This again?

Watch Eli's press conference. He explains.

Veteran
    A hand off up the middle to "center" the ball for Tynes, couple yards closer, 90% chance the game is over, with as much time remove as you wish before spiking the ball, why throw ANYTHING at that point. WHY throw to a step for step covered Barden of All people, who barely made the team, in a untested game on the line pressure situation. (barden actually did all he could to break up a sure interception, that's how ill advised this play was). THE GAME WAS WON!. Coughlin can second guess all he wants, this was just moronic play calling & poor execution-THROW IT AWAY, ELI, He's NOT wide open!
    !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I want answers, all the media guys are only asking them about the 3rd and long with 15 sec left. **** that play, who cares. WHAT ABOUT 2nd DOWN FROM THE 27 YARD LINE?!?! WHY WOULD YOU THROW A DEEP PASS?!?! I am so unbelievably pissed that Coughlin got outcoached. What a disgrace.
    Insanity: repeating the same behaviour and expecting different results.

The Giants coaching staff takes leave of their senses whenever they play the Eagles. I can't explain it.

They went for the touchdown. If it comes off everybody looks great. If it doesn't they look stupid. PI was the absolute worst case scenario in that situation.