+ Reply to Thread

I need some perspective! Are we still ok or what?

I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen. With two division losses can we still make it to the playoffs if we kick butt from here on out? Is it a silver linning or is it dooms day? I want answers from those football minded people on here that knows what a screen pass and a slant route is!

I'll follow the Ny Football Giants to the end of the earth, but I just found out what everybody on defense does two weeks ago, lol!
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

Quote Originally Posted by NJBLUE View Post
    I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen. With two division losses can we still make it to the playoffs if we kick butt from here on out? Is it a silver linning or is it dooms day? I want answers from those football minded people on here that knows what a screen pass and a slant route is!

I'll follow the Ny Football Giants to the end of the earth, but I just found out what everybody on defense does two weeks ago, lol!
    Of course we can. We have to win division games though.

It seems that the past glory is putting extra pressure on Eli to deliver. I can live with a player trying to be great, but the coaches get no excuse for last night's loss, INEXCUSABLE.

We are just fine. It just feels good to vent after a crushing loss like that. No long-term harm as long as the Eagles dont beat us again if we tie with them for 1st in divison. Even then, we could grab a wild card. Wayyyy too early in the season to call any game monumental.

Giants need to play the rest of their division games like its the superbowl. Tiebrakers will be a huge issue this year.

Veteran
    Nahh don't worry.

Out of all of the NFC east teams, a neutral man would still say the giants look the best.

People forget that the eagles won by 1 point against the damn browns. The eagles have yet to win a game by more than 2 points.

Not to mention getting spanked and humiliated by the cardinals without even scoring a TD. The eagles have a hard schedule ahead.

@Steelers
    Lions
    Falcons
    @Saints
    Cowboys
    Panthers
    @Cowboys
    @Bucs
    Bengals
    Redskins
    @Giants

Only like 3 of these teams are worse than the eagles when it's in Philly.

Cowboys have been spanked by the seahawks(a team that just got beat by the rams).

The giants are the only team in the NFC east that doesn't let upsets happen(Cowboys let seahawks destroy them and eagles have looked bad even when they win).

We've seen this before. Same M.O. These guys lack the ability to stay on focus week after week. Inconsistency is the only consistent factor in our G-Men.
    On any given Sunday we never know which team will show up. And that is the most frustrating part of being a fan, let alone a coach or memeber of this team. But, we can't do anything as fans to influence or inspire these guys. All we can do is hope they find ways to work together, and get motivated for each game.
    We can analyze each player , voice opinions, blog etc..but relality is..it's up to somebody to step as a leader in that locker-room and get their team mates blood flowing, get them pumped - up to face the battle. We don't have that guy..not sure we ever will...Talented players yes, but motivated..to the degree of coming out on fire week after week...I don't see it. Their way too, cerebral about the game...or they wait way too long into the season to find that "drive"..
    It's almost like they believe there is no sense of urgency to do it now...Again, nothing we as fans can do but, sit and watch..If they want to play lack luster or inpspired....it's on them..not us..Maybe JR should be doing a "personality profile" , as well as physical talent search for a leader when looking to find players to fill spots...I bet there is a vet out there who can jump start these guys...
    The season isn't over ...it's just another NY Giants one...that's all.

11+4 is 15, not 16. Have they played Redskins already? I think you are missing their first game against them.

If the Giants need to beat the Eagles at the end of the year, we are royally ****ed.

we are 2-2/ the NFC is completely upside down from last year. teams like Detroit and NO, GB and etc etc have .500 or losing records. People forget we play our div opponents TWO times each. We have Dallas @ Dallas where Eli is 3-0. And last week of the season @ home vs Philly. I also checked the schedules for the division foes, next week Philly @ Pitt, easily could be 3-2. We have Cleveland. Should be 3-2.
    Its gonna come down to squeeking out 1 or 2 quality wins. If we can beat SF and GB lets say, we'll be sitting pretty. Either way, I STILL have this team as a 12 team win. Eli, like last year, is doing enough to keep us in and win games. it wasnt until the DL and secondary as well as the run game got going that we became dominant.
    Well, run game (with bshaw at least)-not there. same with the DL and secondary. I believe once Canty gets back, run d takes care of itself, TWO hundred yds rushing given up last night, so sickening.

but anyways, we have a top 3 qb literally. he's playing at a super high level. the 2 losses coulda easily been wins. we go on a 6 game win streak starting with Cleveland