+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should the Giants rethink the "Always start the most senior veteran available" policy

Personally, I think some bad personnel decisions were made. Instead of always starting the most senior vet available, we should start who would play the matchups the best. Osi is crap against the run, we've known this for eons, yet we started him at left DE, while Tuck was stuck at DT. A line of Tuck-Joseph-Austin-JPP would have been much better, while saving Osi for those 3rd and long situations. Putting Webster on Jackson seemed okay, but I would have rather had someone like Prince on him (and if Hosley had been available, I would have matched him up instead). On the offensive side, giving Bradshaw the bulk of carries when Brown could have abused that wide 9 crap up the middle ruined our running game.

This is all for the eagles. The starters today would have played much better against a pure pocket passer. Yet TC clearly knows that ***** is NOT a pocket passer... which makes me scratch my head more.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Personally, I think some bad personnel decisions were made. Instead of always starting the most senior vet available, we should start who would play the matchups the best. Osi is crap against the run, we've known this for eons, yet we started him at left DE, while Tuck was stuck at DT. A line of Tuck-Joseph-Austin-JPP would have been much better, while saving Osi for those 3rd and long situations. Putting Webster on Jackson seemed okay, but I would have rather had someone like Prince on him (and if Hosley had been available, I would have matched him up instead). On the offensive side, giving Bradshaw the bulk of carries when Brown could have abused that wide 9 crap up the middle ruined our running game.

This is all for the eagles. The starters today would have played much better against a pure pocket passer. Yet TC clearly knows that ***** is NOT a pocket passer... which makes me scratch my head more.
    Not to spam this point, but I predicted the Giants would lose this game if Bradshaw started.

It didn't help that the Giants went pass-happy against a defense designed to stop the pass.

I blame coaching 100% for this loss.....same bull**** playcalling that has now lost 8 of 9 v. Eagles.

Wilson is ripping it up........ Andre Brown was balling.......let's give the ball to the guy with the bad neck.

Let's see how it works out........39 rushing yards.......Brilliant!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Not to spam this point, but I predicted the Giants would lose this game if Bradshaw started.

It didn't help that the Giants went pass-happy against a defense designed to stop the pass.

I blame coaching 100% for this loss.....same bull**** playcalling that has now lost 8 of 9 v. Eagles.

Wilson is ripping it up........ Andre Brown was balling.......let's give the ball to the guy with the bad neck.

Let's see how it works out........39 rushing yards.......Brilliant!!!!!
    It was your point that prompted me to start this thread. It's not just at running back that these problems occur. It seems like you see someone like Brown or Randle for one or two snaps and then they get taken out again. Not enough reps to determine if they would break out or not.

That has never been their policy as far as I can tell.
    Its always to start the BEST players. That's how you win 2 SB's.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That has never been their policy as far as I can tell.
    Its always to start the BEST players. That's how you win 2 SB's.
    Clearly the Giants didn't start the BEST for the given situation in every position though... Bradshaw was still hurt, Tuck is out of position again, and Osi is too hotheaded to try and contain... Maybe those starts would be the BEST for a different situation, but not this one...

Bradshaw ran hard he did do well at times....also we had to throw late cause we were behind.

Clearly the Giants didn't start the BEST for the given situation in every position though... Bradshaw was still hurt, Tuck is out of position again, and Osi is too hotheaded to try and contain... Maybe those starts would be the BEST for a different situation, but not this one...
    So who are we starting over Tuck and Osi?
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Bradshaw ran hard he did do well at times....also we had to throw late cause we were behind.
    3 ypc.....ehh. No that good.
    They were lacking rythem on offense. Defense forgot to be disciplined.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

You can argue wether or not Bradshaw was the best option....That's fine. But there is no reason to believe that TC played Bradshaw over Brown because he was "senior" to Brown. TC started Bradshaw because he tought that Bradshaw gave us the best chance to win the friggin football game.

And I LOVE all the Brown love here after essentially one game against a bad defense.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So who are we starting over Tuck and Osi?
    Start tuck on left end and bench osi vs mobile QBs, and vice versa for pocket passers. Linval and Marvin or Kuhn in the middle until Canty comes back...

Also we need Ojomo to get healthy soon... I don't want him to just be a preseason wonder...