+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Horrible Play Calling At The End Of The Game - Screaming At TV

Mannnnn, was I the only one screaming at the screen "Do some running plays!" on that last drive? They kept on throwing the ball even after the defensive pass interference calls. I would have played that last drive entirely different. I'm not just saying this in hindsight, even if he threw a touchdown pass to Barden, its just too risky. The incomplete passes are stopping the clock and all you have to do is move a couple of yards forward for Tynes (who by the way was perfect up until the missed field goal kick... that would have been his career high distance wise if he had made it). Just HORRIBLE play calling in my opinion. I was trying to think what would I do if I was playing a game of Madden and all I had to do was hit a field goal to win? Run the ball! Force the Eagles to use their time outs. Even a screen play would be nice.

I also don't understand why they put Andre Brown on the back burner when he has proven himself in the last two games. He would have been perfect for that last drive.

Does anyone have a link to the Giant's last drive? I want to watch it again. While it was all happening I was questioning the play calls but I'd like to see it all over again.

Oh and as a sidenote... Osi was getting VERY greedy and selfish yesterday. He said he was going to get 4 sacks and got none. He played like he just wanted sacks. Totally blew his assignments. Here's the keyword for him today. CONTAIN CONTAIN CONTAIN.

I do have to admit that I was screaming "What the **** are they doing" towards the end of the game. It's even worse watching the game with a 2 1/2 and a 4 1/2 year old running around your living room and acting up. LOL

Yeah, my TV was scared to death that I was going to hurt it the way I was performing.

all that plus

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

How serious are the Giants about a 1-2 RB punch? Ahmad Bradshaw was in on 58 plays last night. Andre Brown was in for 9. #NYG

I totally expected this loss, since this is the Eagles.

It's alot easier if you go into the game expecting the coaches to do exactly what they've done the last 8 times they've lost.....it makes the ****ty playcalling alot more understandable.

"Hmmm......game on the line, in field position.....enough time for another run to set up for the field goal.....I'VE GOT IT.....LET'S PASS!!!!

I was very annoyed at the play calling. When tynes was setting up for the first field goal with like 15-17 seconds left im like...what are they doing..tynes cannot hit this distance. He's horrid from outside 45 yards or so. Throw a pass to the sideline, or some running play to pick up some yards...Then tynes shanks it, luckily they called a timeout. I am then saying to myself, OK, maybe now they will rethink this kick and run a play lol. Nope. Tynes hits what looks like a beauty right up the middle, and obv falls short. I wasnt happy at all.
    /var/folders/_f/tmmr53mn535cvjj7ln96xlb80000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_1008.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by craigjr007 View Post
    all that plus

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

How serious are the Giants about a 1-2 RB punch? Ahmad Bradshaw was in on 58 plays last night. Andre Brown was in for 9. #NYG
    That, sir, was this ballgame in a nutshell.

Maybe they'll figure it out after Badwheels churns out another 39 yards against the Browns.

If Barden catches the ball he lost when he went to the ground or doesn't get that stupid PI penalty we win the game. The play calling was fine except when they gave the ball to Bradshaw on 3rd and 1 instead of Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post

If Barden catches the ball he lost when he went to the ground or doesn't get that stupid PI penalty we win the game. The play calling was fine except when they gave the ball to Bradshaw on 3rd and 1 instead of Brown.
    The playcalling sucked moose balls..... it was the same ****ty game plan that has lost 8 of 9 v. the Eagles.

1st and 10 on the 26...... I'd trust the computer in Tecmo Bowl over Gilbride in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post

That penalty should have never happened because that play should have never been called. In terms of the barden catch that he dropped, I agree that would have changed things. Call me crazy, but I thought he actually caught the ball and fumbled it. When I initially watched the play I counted him taking three steps then losing the ball as he went towards the ground. I wish I could see that play again too. He recovered the ball after he "dropped/fumbled" it. Wouldn't that be a booth review since it was under 2 minutes?