+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Kenny Phillips - MCL Sprain - Week to Week

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=243040&spln=1

Giants SS Kenny Phillips has been diagnosed with a sprained right MCL, and is week-to-week.
    RT David Diehl has missed the Giants' past two games with a similar injury, and Phillips can be all but ruled out for Sunday's game against the Browns. Nickel CB Will Hill kicked over to strong safety in Phillips' absence on Sunday, but fresh off suspension, Tyler Sash could step in vs. Cleveland. Oct. 1 - 4:17 pm et
    Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Sucks, but actually better news than I thought we would get.

And Will Hill didnt come in for Phillips, Stevie Brown did. Hill only played in nickel situations as that big nickel/CB/LB

If there is any positive note out of this unfortunate circumstance, it will give the FO a better look at the Safety depth. Stevie Brown and Will Hill have a real opportunity for a future job if they can step up.

The news just keeps getting worse and worse lol

Veteran
    I thought Stevie Brown pretty played well. Jackson had his catches but there weren't the 60 yd blown coverage scores we've seen in the past when matching vs the Egirls Also, didnt he lay the lumber on McCoy who was trying to dance around the edge?

This team has 8 sacks in 4 games, and Chase Blackburn leads the team in them. That is where our problems lie.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

agreed Slip, the injury sucks but this is way better news than i thought we were gonna get. he might miss a week or two but at least its not for the year. Will Hill did a nice job in the slot and was playing like a mad man on specials, Stevie Brown look surprisingly good as well

Lucky it wasn't worse. Ironically, Sash should debut next week and could use the extra reps.

Kenny Phillips: Week to week with MCL in jury

Kenny Phillips: Week to week with MCL injury

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/1...ith-mcl-injury

Excerpt: "New York Giants' safety Kenny Phillips has a sprained MCL, the teamannounced via Twitter. His status will be "week-to-week."

That is fairly vague news about the safety, injured early in the first quarter Sunday night trying to make a tackle on Philadelphia Eagles' running back LeSean McCoy.

Stevie Brown stepped in for Phillips and played well. Tyler Sash is also scheduled to be reinstated this week following his four-game suspension by the NFL for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Sash's pass coverage is sketchy at best but he is a very good special teams player. I would stay with Stevie Brown or Will Hill. If Hosley is Healthy next week than he can go back to the slot and move Hill back into his safety spot. Stevie surprised me last night, he held his own. After watching him get run over in the pre-season i thought he was going to suck.