+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1

    Defensive Captain

    We all know who the captain is. Anyone think the role should go to someone else? If so, who and why?

  2. #2
    I think its time for the most productive player on the defense to take that role over and obviously its JPP.

    There's something counter-productive about having a captain who is head and shoulders worse than another player. Also it seems with Tuck as captain the defense tends to take on his personality. Meaning when he plays well the defense plays well but when he decides that he wants to take a week off the whole defense takes a the week off with the obvious acception being JPP.

    Last season I said that Tuck should be benched to send a message and this season I'm saying it again. I don't think you can be a good leader from the bench.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

  3. #3
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,002
    I'm not sure what is up with our defensive line, honestly. Outside of JPP it seems no one is ever getting any pressure. I don't know if they are hurt, tired or just don't care. I hope they turn things around real quick though..

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,304
    I don't know who the defensive captain should be but I agree it shouldn't be Tuck, as for JPP I don't think it should be him either because dumping players in a cold tub doesn't set a good example. I don't think any defensive player really stands out in terms of leadership. If you ever watched a Ravens game you see veteran players like Ray Lewis who gets his team fired up before and during the game, I don't know if he's a 'defensive captain' or not but that's what a defensive captain should be doing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I think its time for the most productive player on the defense to take that role over and obviously its JPP.

    There's something counter-productive about having a captain who is head and shoulders worse than another player. Also it seems with Tuck as captain the defense tends to take on his personality. Meaning when he plays well the defense plays well but when he decides that he wants to take a week off the whole defense takes a the week off with the obvious acception being JPP.

    Last season I said that Tuck should be benched to send a message and this season I'm saying it again. I don't think you can be a good leader from the bench.
    I totally agree that Tuck shouldn't be the captain, but I don't think JPP is ready yet. He is still developing and needs to focus on his own game.

    I would go with Boley or Rolle.

  6. #6
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I don't know who the defensive captain should be but I agree it shouldn't be Tuck, as for JPP I don't think it should be him either because dumping players in a cold tub doesn't set a good example. I don't think any defensive player really stands out in terms of leadership. If you ever watched a Ravens game you see veteran players like Ray Lewis who gets his team fired up before and during the game, I don't know if he's a 'defensive captain' or not but that's what a defensive captain should be doing.
    You can't honestly think JPP is the only one on our team, let alone the league that quote on quote, hazes rookies, right?

  7. #7
    JPP is no doubt a great player but I'd disagree on nominating him the captain since he needs a little bit more experience in the NFL and he doesn't seem like the leader type anyhow. I'd give the nod to Michael Boley first.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I totally agree that Tuck shouldn't be the captain, but I don't think JPP is ready yet. He is still developing and needs to focus on his own game.

    I would go with Boley or Rolle.
    I was thinking Boley or Rolle as well. Leaning more towards Rolle. On the field for most snaps and most games. Outspoken. The field plays in front of his position generally. Solid player with diverse roles. Decent candidate IMHO. Could bring a spark.

  9. #9
    Boley, Rolle, or Blackburn.


    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

    WHY?

    okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

    see you in 2016

  10. #10
    Rolle without a doubt. Every season since he has been here he has played hard just about every snap. He is loud, fiery and a presence out there. Always intense on and off the field. I'd vote for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts