+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of bradshaw

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

No one is more important than Eli, this is Eli's team. You're stating the obvious.
    Here's the thing with this offense called by crazy Gilbride, he ABANDONS the run game if it doesn't get any big yards early in the game. It's his pattern, you can count on it to happen in almost every game unless Giants are winning big.

So all this talk about who should start and whatever really doesn't mean anything, running game to this offense is merely a window dressing, and not a true complement to the passing game.

You'll just have to be patient and let Brown earn it game by game, the coaching staff isn't going to hand over the keys to the offense to a guy who has been cut 7 times and literally no rushing yards to speak of overnight, especially when there's Bradshaw who has been there and done that.

Brown will get his carries vs Cleveland, let's see how he does, and we can go from there.

Now close this useless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Bradshaw at this point should just be a 3rd down back. The Giants will wait till it is painfully obvious though to make a change
    That's probably true, but I hope they give Brown more snaps until they get there.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Starter
    Bradshaw would best be effective later in the game after Brown and Wilson have been pounding the hole like when we had a younger Jacobs and Ward and Bradshaw was number three. Brown proved that the line does make holes.

I think we're going to see a 50/50 split against the Browns next week....or something close to it.

Bottom line....if the Giants defense held contain, and if the Giants running game was productive, the Giants probably would have won last Sunday. The lack of a running game can't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Running backs need to get into a rythym. Look at McCoy....he did zilch the first half, and then broke open in the 2nd half.

If the Giants used Brown, and went up tempo to prevent Philly from rotating, it would have made a difference.

Bradshaw is running with heavy feet.....he's just not the same back as he was a few years back.....his feet, his ankles, and now his neck. Time to turn the page.
    Won't disagree on the up tempo - another thread going on for that.
    --80--

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    4.6 yds a carry is awful. This terrible short yardage back gained 9 on a 4th and 1 he last time he touched the ball in that game.
    actually Bradshaw's average is 3.8 , which ranks 29th among running backs in the league currently.
    Andre Brown is averaging 5.2 , currently 6th in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerRushAttempt
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    actually Bradshaw's average is 3.8 , which ranks 29th among running backs in the league currently.
    Andre Brown is averaging 5.2 , currently 6th in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerRushAttempt
    Was talking about the Dallas game specifically

For fun look up rb's average against Carolina.
    --80--

All-Pro
    this thread should have been titled........"Bradshaw is getting tired". I love AB and what he has done for this team but his feet and ankles are way older then he is. Looks like he is just starting to wear out. RBs hit a wall and very rarely do the come back. Maybe he has hit his wall or at least approaching it.
    They really need to get other backs in ther and see what happens. AB can still be a valued part of the O and running game but I think he is on the "back nine" as they say.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

No one is more important than Eli, this is Eli's team. You're stating the obvious.
    LOL that is exactly what I was thinking! So funny haha

Let's say they start Brown, and he does nothing and lose a game, the media will ask "Why didn't you start Bradshaw who is proven and a quality back?"

Now you understand why Brown is not the starter.

Move on.

+ Reply to Thread