+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: I'm tired of bradshaw

  1. #41
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,208
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Let's say they start Brown, and he does nothing and lose a game, the media will ask "Why didn't you start Bradshaw who is proven and a quality back?"

    Now you understand why Brown is not the starter.

    Move on.
    Bradshaw: 0-2 as a starter......3.8 yards per carry.
    Brown: 2-0 as a starter......5.2 yards per carry.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Bradshaw: 0-2 as a starter......3.8 yards per carry.
    Brown: 2-0 as a starter......5.2 yards per carry.
    Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
    Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

    Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    And I'm tired of our o-line......Brown had a few shots but didn't do anything with them, then he got hurt......

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Its not like Brown did any better yesterday, but with more carries who knows.

    They ran behind the same line against the same D and got the same results - squat.
    Could explain your sig? I think I have an idea but I'm not sure.

  5. #45
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,208
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
    Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

    Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.
    No....I'm judging Bradshaw......I'm looking at a running back who has clearly not been the same since 2010.

    Most people blamed the offensive line for 2011. In 2012, Bradshaw goes 0-2, gets hurt, Brown comes in, goes 2-0, including the first 100+ yard rushing game since the Dawn of Time.

    Bradshaw is "healthy" again (which I highly doubt)..... gets the start, gets 85% of the snaps......Bradshaw runs for 39 yards....Giants score 17 points....Giants lose.

    The information above is factual. People can make their own judgments on what it means....but it's all accurate.

    For what it's worth, prior to the game, I predicted that if Bradshaw started and got the lion's share of the carries, the Giants would lose the game.

    If the Giants go with the same approach to the Cleveland defense, the Giants will again score less than 20 points.

    The Cleveland game is going to be decided on who runs the ball more effectively..... based on what I saw against the Eagles, I'm glad I have Richardson in my fantasy league, but I'm not feeling good about the Giants defense.

    The Cleveland defense shut down the Eagles offense for most of the game.....if the Giants give Bradshaw 85% of the snaps, the Giants are going to lose again next week.....book it.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by elismom View Post
    He needs another back to press him. Not sure why Brown and Ramses didn't get what they deserved this past week.

    MORE REPS
    Uhmm coaching? Coughlin is an old fool that stays with the status quo and he is only making changes when he is forced by an injury.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    Could explain your sig? I think I have an idea but I'm not sure.
    Ask anyone one of their fondest memories of Bradshaw and the run in Buffalo to basically get us in the playoffs will be up there. The. They'll describe that as "the old Bradshaw". Sure he's older (26) but I look at that pic and what I see is "the old (in a good way) oline"

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
    Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

    Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.
    It's the reason I keep hanging around in these Bradshaw threads - the hype on Brown needs to be seriously tempered.

    I'm all for splitting carries, all for him getting more reps - all for his success. But for some, to praise Brown means to completely destroy Bradshaw as old, tired and basically worthless... And if Brown doesn't average 5+ a carry he's going to get the same treatment. Tremendous hate for Jacobs - getting to the level with Bradshaw and it WILL happen to Brown.

    Brown does great against a good run D (Tampa) and against a horrible one (Carolina) and does the same as Bradshaw against Philly and people lining up the excuses for the Philly performance because it HAS to be an anomaly.

    Oline oline oline.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No....I'm judging Bradshaw......I'm looking at a running back who has clearly not been the same since 2010.

    Most people blamed the offensive line for 2011. In 2012, Bradshaw goes 0-2, gets hurt, Brown comes in, goes 2-0, including the first 100+ yard rushing game since the Dawn of Time.

    Bradshaw is "healthy" again (which I highly doubt)..... gets the start, gets 85% of the snaps......Bradshaw runs for 39 yards....Giants score 17 points....Giants lose.

    The information above is factual. People can make their own judgments on what it means....but it's all accurate.

    For what it's worth, prior to the game, I predicted that if Bradshaw started and got the lion's share of the carries, the Giants would lose the game.

    If the Giants go with the same approach to the Cleveland defense, the Giants will again score less than 20 points.

    The Cleveland game is going to be decided on who runs the ball more effectively..... based on what I saw against the Eagles, I'm glad I have Richardson in my fantasy league, but I'm not feeling good about the Giants defense.

    The Cleveland defense shut down the Eagles offense for most of the game.....if the Giants give Bradshaw 85% of the snaps, the Giants are going to lose again next week.....book it.
    If you want to only see the stats, so be it, but you can't dismiss the fact that Brown was also a beneficiary of some putrid d. And how did Brown do against Eagles? Do you just toss out that stat because he didn't start? Why? He still played in the game.

    Your take on Cleveland game is, well, you are giving their running game too much value, Giants running game is window dressing, it'll never outperform the passing game and become the central mainstay that decides the outcome of games because Gilbride abandons the running game by 2nd half. The outcome more than likely will depend on how Eli does and the defense more so than who is the starter at RB.

    I do understand that you think Bradshaw is not a feature-RB, but he really never was, he shared the carries with Jacobs last season. Bradshaw to me hasn't really changed or lost anything, however you see this Brown kid run and you are now comparing him to Bradshaw and coming up with excuses to make Bradshaw play behind Brown. Bradshaw is an old toy you got tired of and Brown is a shiny new toy, I get that, but Bradshaw is not done like you say.

    Brown will get his carries vs Cleveland, why don't you see that game and form a more definitive observation then, but realistically speaking I don't see the coaching staff giving Brown the starter job overnight, he just has to earn it.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
    Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

    Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.
    Im looking at it from how they are attacking each play not on production at all. Bradshaws timing right now is FD. The guy doesnt know when to go hard or when to be patient. Brown at least follows the blocks

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts