+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Well, I don't know if it's good news or bad news but.....

A lot of guys are making it a lot easier to manage our payroll next season. Could be a lot of surprising cuts.

I don't know how things will play out and it's still early in the season but there's a lot of players don't performing up to expectations.

Webster - Started off the season poorly and now he's injured if anything his salary will come down when he restructures
    Tuck could possibly retire because his hearts not in it anymore, sadly
    Osi - too much money
    Nicks - Guy gets injured every season as great as he is and he is GREAT could help us sign him cheaper than expected
    Rivers - Injury prone
    Rolle - Makes too much for spotty play
    Diehl - worn down... one of the last class acts and long time true Giants... sad to say

Cruz & JPP will command large contracts.

We will need to resign Cruz and Bennett. Bennett is everything we could ever want in a TE. EVERYTHING. He is a must.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...#ixzz285Xq4kEK

Need to resign KP, Boothe, Beatty, Cruz, Bennett, DeOssie, Tynes & possibly Barden.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 10-01-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Here's a better depiction http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/yearly/

Ramses Barden at at 565,000 UFA - - - at
    William Beatty at at 615,000 UFA - - - at
    Martellus Bennett at at 2,500,000 UFA - - - at
    Rocky Bernard at at 925,000 UFA - - - at
    Chase Blackburn at at 825,000 UFA - - - at
    Kevin Boothe at at 1,500,000 UFA - - - at
    Andre Brown at at 465,000 RFA - - - at
    Stevie Brown at at 540,000 RFA - - - at
    David Carr at at 925,000 UFA - - - at
    Michael Coe at at 700,000 UFA - - - at
    Jim Cordle at at 465,000 UFA - - - at
    Victor Cruz at at 490,000 RFA - - - at
    Domenik Hixon at at 615,000 UFA - - - at
    Sean Locklear at at 825,000 UFA - - - at
    Bear Pascoe at at 615,000 RFA - - - at
    Kenny Phillips at at 2,080,000 UFA - - - at
    Keith Rivers at at 2,160,000 UFA - - - at
    Adrian Tracy at at 540,000 RFA - - - at
    Justin Tryon at at 700,000 UFA - - - at
    Lawrence Tynes at at 1,300,000 UFA -

And they forgot Osi
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 10-01-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

I agree with everyone except Nicks,Tuck, and Rolle..... Nicks is too important to this offense to let him walk cause this will not be the SS situation it will come back and bite us in the butt, could you image if Dallas picked him up or the Redskins, Patriots no way we let him walk cause once he is healthy he is a top 5 talent...I really believe Tuck is missing Canty right now he demands so much attention next to Tuck and you can see where he is missed, Last Rolle to me is a beast a leader and a hell of a run stopper.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-01-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    A lot of guys are making it a lot easier to manage our payroll next season. Could be a lot of surprising cuts.

I don't know how things will play out and it's still early in the season but there's a lot of players don't performing up to expectations.

Webster - Started off the season poorly and now he's injured if anything his salary will come down when he restructures
    Tuck could possibly retire because his hearts not in it anymore, sadly
    Osi - too much money
    Nicks - Guy gets injured every season as great as he is and he is GREAT could help us sign him cheaper than expected
    Rivers - Injury prone
    Rolle - Makes too much for spotty play
    Diehl - worn down... one of the last class acts and long time true Giants... sad to say

Cruz & JPP will command large contracts.

We will need to resign Cruz and Bennett. Bennett is everything we could ever want in a TE. EVERYTHING. He is a must.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...#ixzz285Xq4kEK

Need to resign KP, Boothe, Beatty, Cruz, Bennett, DeOssie, Tynes & possibly Barden.
    Osi is a FA and isn't likely to be resigned regardless of his play.

Rivers was a throw something against the wall and see what sticks kind of move.

When Webster resigns of course it will be for less. He isn't in his prime anymore. He'll be 33 (or near enough) when his contract expires.

Rolle has played very well, save for a few plays.

I doubt Tuck retires.

Nicks, you very well may be right about.

DeOssie, Tynes, and Barden won't cost much to resign (saying Barden doesn't beast out the rest of the season). Boothe will probably command a moderate contract. Still too early to tell what kind of contract Bennett will get. Beatty will get a decent, but not top end LT contract. Both KP and Cruz will need to get paid big money.

Let's see how the season plays out before we start taking contracts... But Cruz and Bennett are definitely guys that need to be resigned... But other than that, there's not a whole lotta guys on that list that I think are must keepers.

lol if last year taught us anything lets let it be that let's not count this team or anyone out just yet. sure, some guys look like a shell of their former selves right now, but if the last 5 years have taught us anything, it's that sometimes the giants need a little wake up call and a nice kick in the *** to get them going.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I agree with everyone except Nicks,Tuck, and Rolle..... Nicks is too important to this offense to let him walk cause this will not be the SS situation it will come back and bite us in the butt, could you image if Dallas picked him up or the Redskins, Patriots no way we let him walk cause once he is healthy he is a top 5 talent...I really believe Tuck is missing Canty right now he demands so much attention next to Tuck and you can see where he is missed, Last Rolle to me is a beast a leader and a hell of a run stopper.
    Where did I say to let Nicks walk?

Tuck said he almost retied last season. If this keeps up I could see him retiring next year.

Rolle makes $7,000,000 way too much. He will either be cut or restructured to a MUCH lesser amount.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Where did I say to let Nicks walk?

Tuck said he almost retied last season. If this keeps up I could see him retiring next year.

Rolle makes $7,000,000 way too much. He will either be cut or restructured to a MUCH lesser amount.
    you had him on your little list above so I assumed you were talking about him but anyway I really don't think Nicks is going to stay for a cheap contract he is a top 5 talent he and his agent are going to pull up the #'s and demand the money he deserves just my opinion though and I say pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    you had him on your little list above so I assumed you were talking about him but anyway I really don't think Nicks is going to stay for a cheap contract he is a top 5 talent he and his agent are going to pull up the #'s and demand the money he deserves just my opinion though and I say pay him.
    Nicks and Cruz will both get their big long-term contracts from us.

It just sucks that Nicks is often injured.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Obviously things will change as the season progresses, but as I see it here's the decisions I would make (all values listed are 2012 cap hits):

The following I would keep at all costs:
    -Victor Cruz (490,000 RFA)

The following I would keep at or near current rate:
    -Martellus Bennett (2,500,000 UFA)
    -Keith Rivers (2,160,000 UFA)
    -Kevin Boothe (1,500,000 UFA)
    -Lawrence Tynes (1,300,000 UFA)
    -William Beatty (615,000 UFA)
    -Domenik Hixon (615,000 UFA)
    -Adrian Tracy (540,000 RFA)
    -Stevie Brown (540,000 RFA)
    -Andre Brown (465,000 RFA)
    -Jim Cordle (465,000 UFA)

The following I would offer reduced contracts, but not resign at current rate:
    -Chase Blackburn (825,000 UFA)
    -Michael Coe (700,000 UFA)
    -Justin Tryon (700,000 UFA)

The following I would drop:
    -Osi Umenyiora (6,000,000 UFA)
    -Kenny Phillips (2,080,000 UFA) (cap casualty, but with the emergence of young safeties as of late I think we need to let him go. It's unfortunate, but such is life, savings: 2080k)
    -Rocky Bernard (925,000 UFA) (cap casualty, not to mention he was really only resigned this year after Canty went down, savings: 925k)
    -David Carr (925,000 UFA): DROP (replace with Perriloux at a lower rate, maybe 500k or so, savings: 425k)
    -Sean Locklear (825,000 UFA): (for now; it appears to me as though he's just a stopgap, hopefully Brewer can step up or we can draft a good tackle, savings: 825k)
    -Bear Pascoe (615,000 RFA): (cap casualty, savings: 615k)
    -Ramses Barden (565,000 UFA): MASSIVE DROP (savings: 565k)

Just by dropping the players listed, that saves us $5.435 million on our cap. On top of that, I would also try to find a way to release DD (hes going to hit our cap with a whopping $7.45 million in 2013 and basically be a backup at best, but I don't know the details of the contract so I don't know what releasing him would do to our cap)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.