+ Reply to Thread

Something lost in the loss

Our special teams did excellent last night. Kickoff returns were excellent, as was the punt returns. Our coverage units did excellent as well.

Made a thread about this last night. Mark my words, Wilson will take one to the house this season, probably more than one.

I can't believe that last return on the final drive of the game didn't lead to a FG....trying to forget that awful drive...

cant believe Wilson didnt take at least one of those KO's all the way...so close

All-Pro
    Blocking was fantastic and Wilson made the most out of it... the return game was definitely a bright spot.

Veteran
    another thing is something i mentioned in a thread pre game - Will Hill will see the nickel. He did a fairly nice job and had a nice hit on a nickel blitz. Good sign with Hosley's hammy.

No doubt the giants have two young guys who look very good as return men. Randle just envelopes the ball, and has shown some nice moves. Nothing to special but he has gone north and south and gotten some nice yards. Surprising cause he didn't return at LSU. Wilson looks poised to break one soon, the kid waits for that hole then flies through it. On more broken tackle and he would've gone the distance 3 or 4 times last night - GREAT JOB. Its only a matter of time before he gets more carries - his ability is too obvious, needs to make the best of his opportunities and get the playbook down.

also the coverage was good. Young upstart linebackers always seem to help in this category and herzlich and paysinger are big time helpers - Hill as well.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Made a thread about this last night. Mark my words, Wilson will take one to the house this season, probably more than one.

I can't believe that last return on the final drive of the game didn't lead to a FG....trying to forget that awful drive...
    Sorry, didn't see that.

But, yeah. I can't remember the last time our specials were so good in all phases.

Special Teams deserves a freaking medal. For once it was the strongest phase of the game for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Sorry, didn't see that.

But, yeah. I can't remember the last time our specials were so good in all phases.
    lol no worries.....and the last time our return game looked that nice was probably when Hixon was returning them.