+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reasons to celebrate David Wilson and Domenik Hixon

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/1...xon/in/3200177

Excerpt: "
    The New York Giants suffered a heartbreaking 19-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. There were plays that were too ugly to watch, but there were other moments that can help make all Giants fans feel positive about the upcoming weeks.

The first positive to take from the Week 4 game was David Wilson. Everyone has been waiting for the 2012 first-round draft pick to come out of his shell and give us something to see. Tom Coughlin and Kevin Gilbride spoke endlessly during the preseason about the explosiveness and athleticism Wilson had. Wilson's first few weeks of his rookie year did not go as planned, and everyone has been waiting to see when this kid was going to produce." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-01-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This return game was definitely a test to see if he could go without fumbling... and he passed with flying colors.

Hixon I knew would step up. He was once our best receiver, and even after 2 ACLs he's still a major threat.
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    This return game was definitely a test to see if he could go without fumbling... and he passed with flying colors.

Hixon I knew would step up. He was once our best receiver, and even after 2 ACLs he's still a major threat.
    Hixon is the kind of player you want waiting in the wings. We all want Nicks back on the field, but Hixon answers the call each and every time and makes plays.

I do wish Wilson hadn't dropped that one pass, but he's learning. He sure is our kick returner though and it's about damn time.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

when was Hixon our best receiver?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Veteran
    Hixon doesn't have the burst that he used to have because of his injuries.He is still a serviceable 3rd WR

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    when was Hixon our best receiver?
    I believe in 2008 he had the most receiving yards

Quote Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
    Hixon doesn't have the burst that he used to have because of his injuries.He is still a serviceable 3rd WR
    He'll take Nicks' place until he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe in 2008 he had the most receiving yards

ONLY because Plax shot himself....I would not have looked at that roster in preseason and pronounced Hixon our best receiver
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

i'm glad u thought so, because Hixon prooved me wrong.. Most times hes on the field other then like his first yr with us, we've done squat offensiley.. I'm thinking of that game in Dallas where he dropped some key passes and the playoff game against philly where he also had killer drop in the postseason on a deep bomb.. I'm proud of what he did last night because i haden't seen much of hixon to like since like his first 9-10games or so with us...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    ONLY because Plax shot himself....I would not have looked at that roster in preseason and pronounced Hixon our best receiver
    Ya losing plax caught up to us, and we scord a pathetic 11points in home playoff loss to Philly with Hixon as our number 1 and he made the biggest drop i've seen in some time... I have been doubting hixon, but now i'm not.. He was sensational last night.. Finally looked like the guy i remember back when he first joined us...