+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If we don't make the playoffs.... changes need to be made

I have never said we need to fire our coach.... but am now of that mindset. I love Coach Coughlin....BUT.....when a team comes out flat as ofter as this team does, it has to start with the Head Coach.

Sure, we have had injuries... but so have other teams.... and they overcame them. We consistently fall on our own sword in key games, against teams we are supposed to beat. That tells me our coaches are not getting players ready. The scheme is not sound. The intensity is lacking. It is a problem on both sides of the ball, and every player "today" did not play up to their potential.

Re: If we don't make the playoffs.... changes need to be made

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

I have never said we need to fire our coach.... but am now of that mindset. I love Coach Coughlin....BUT.....when a team comes out flat as ofter as this team does, it has to start with the Head Coach.

Sure, we have had injuries... but so have other teams.... and they overcame them. We consistently fall on our own sword in key games, against teams we are supposed to beat. That tells me our coaches are not getting players ready. The scheme is not sound. The intensity is lacking. *It is a problem on both sides of the ball, and every player "today" did not play up to their potential.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, Mara's comments after last season pretty much confirm that the job is Coughlin's until he dies or retires. How can you justify firing a coach after you go on record as saying that wins and losses aren't a coaches fault, it's the payers who need to make the plays?

If you don't fire him last year for a collapse, what has changed this year?

Veteran

Sure, we have had injuries... but so have other teams.... and they overcame them. We consistently fall on our own sword in key games, against teams we are supposed to beat. That tells me our coaches are not getting players ready. The scheme is not sound. The intensity is lacking. It is a problem on both sides of the ball, and every player "today" did not play up to their potential.

That pretty much sums it up. These guys are pathetic. It seems like they dont care either way win or lose and then we hear some bull crap interviews post game telling us how prepared they were and how they didnt match the other teams intensity and then finish it off with some at the end of the day crap our season is still not over. blah blah, blahh. Im sick of it. We deserve more than this as fans. i dont mind losing but lposing without effort or heart is unnacceptable. Who's with me?[/quote]

It will be up to the fans to put the pressure on.....

Sure, we have had injuries... but so have other teams.... and they overcame them. We consistently fall on our own sword in key games, against teams we are supposed to beat. That tells me our coaches are not getting players ready. The scheme is not sound. The intensity is lacking. *It is a problem on both sides of the ball, and every player "today" did not play up to their potential.

[/quote]
    Changes need to be made NOW, this week. Heads need to role for this. To many times in last several seasons we have destiny in our hands and just don't show up on either side of the ball and at HOME. No less
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

If?

The Giants were not up for this game, but history shows the Giants tend to play down to their opponents.

I say its time to clean house---Coughlin, Gilbride, Fewell, Quinn---see ya!

And with the roster, I would say most are not safe---keep Eli, Nicks, Cruz, and Pierre-Paul. Everyone else is fair game--including Tuck, Osi, Canty, Rolle

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Changes need to be made regardless in my opinion. But I truly believe mara has too much integrity to fire coach Coughlin. I guarantee Coughlin finishes his contract.

Is it worth the Giants going to the playoffs for another season of this. Making the playoffs means everything stays the same

[/quote]IF??? What are you talking about? We will be lucky to finish 3rd in the NFC. Or do you think this team will be the Jets ans the Cowboys again?I got news for you: IT AIN'T Happening.