+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    How is this guy not even in the top 250 for major draft rankings? There's no way this kid gets past the 2nd round with his raw physical talent.
    Because he really came out of nowhere. If he keeps playing the way he is now, he will start showing up on draft rankings soon enough.

Hes only played the sport for two years. He was playing LB last season, and barely saw the field, only had 7 total tackles, 1 QB hit, and no tackles for a loss.

This year he already has 27 total tackles (16 solo), 3 QB hits, 3 sacks, 8.5 tackles for a loss, and 3 passes batted down.

Really the definition of a one year wonder. But honestly, he makes an awful lot of plays out there for someone only playing for two years, he has very good instincts.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 10-07-2012 at 09:24 PM.

It should be noted that he was playing under the weather against Utah State, not sure how sick he was but he came out of the game a bunch of times and was said to be suffering from flu like symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    It should be noted that he was playing under the weather against Utah State, not sure how sick he was but he came out of the game a bunch of times and was said to be suffering from flu like symptoms
    Yeah missed almost a quarter time wise. Ive been trying to find his age its not listed anywhere. These BYU guys sometimes are a lot older the normal college players. He could be 25 which willl hurt his draft stock some

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah missed almost a quarter time wise. Ive been trying to find his age its not listed anywhere. These BYU guys sometimes are a lot older the normal college players. He could be 25 which willl hurt his draft stock some
    He's a 5th year senior so at minimum you're looking at a guy whose 23 and probably 24 by his rookie year

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    vs Utah State

Ya, if by some miracle he dosen't get into 1st rd consideration, i would trade up in RD 2 for em! Hes a beast! I couldent' imgaine JPP and Ansah on each end...

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    He's a 5th year senior so at minimum you're looking at a guy whose 23 and probably 24 by his rookie year
    BYU students a lot of them go on 2 year missions. Its possible he is as old as 26. I think Jon beck was 26 when he was drafted by the Dolphins

Slip found out he turned 23 in May so he is a little older but not as bad as I thought it could be. People have a wide array of opinions on this guy. Just from the few splash plays he is making i see a potential 1st round pick. How he chased down that screen play for example. How he moved on that play is how a High level DE physically looks. 1 guy on Footballs Future is saying he is no better the a 6th round pick, that he is a practice squad player. I dont know about u guys but ive never seen a practice squad player look like that before. the other says 4th or 5th rd with potential to move up. Is everyone here overrating him? Or are we so used to seeing what good DE's look like we can spot them

I'm not really good at estimating wingspan with just my eyes but if the Giants were to consider drafting him, he would need those long arms we covet for batting down passes. That's probably a small detail that might end up being a huge thing that decides if he has a chance to go here or not.

I missed the BYU Notre Dame game today, how'd he do?....Here's what Mike Mayock had to say about him during the broadcast.

“I was on the phone today with three different NFL teams about Ziggy Ansah,” Mayock said. “6-foot-6, 270. Before the season, had little to no NFL rating. Right now, he’s the buzz of the NFL for the upcoming draft. Apparently, everybody on the West Coast, all their scouts are saying ‘Here’s a kid that’s come from nowhere and might be playing his way into the first round next April.’”
    “This kid is special off the edge,” Mayock said, before Saturday’s game even started. “No matter who’s coming to block him, he’s a handful.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-ziggy-ansah/

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I'm not really good at estimating wingspan with just my eyes but if the Giants were to consider drafting him, he would need those long arms we covet for batting down passes. That's probably a small detail that might end up being a huge thing that decides if he has a chance to go here or not.
    Oh he is going to measure with a crazy wingspan. He is 6'6 so even if he had stubby arms, which he certainly does not appear to have, he would still be able to bat down passes.

+ Reply to Thread