+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)

Stevie Brown and Will Hill

These guys were impressive against the Eagles. They were probably our 2 best defensive players for the game.

We need to lock these guys up. I wouldn't be surprised to see KP as a cap casualty to keep these guys on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    We need to lock these guys up. I wouldn't be surprised to see KP as a cap casualty to keep these guys on board.
    Why don't we just wait to see how they play for the rest of the season before letting KP go and putting them in the HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I like what I've seen so far, but I'm not sure we need to "lock them up" just yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

They've played pretty well in their limited roles, KP has already proven that he's a solid player. It's the injuries that concern me with KP.

Banned
    The bad news is our defensive backfield has been besiged with injury........the good news is young studs are emerging to take their place

I see a whole new DB rotation evolving befoe my eyes and I really really like what I see

The whole problem now is running the ball and stopping the run- the most essential skills each SB winner must develop.....people often cite the Patriots as a successful team who cannot do those two thing very well......but when is the last time they won a SB?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I like what I've seen so far, but I'm not sure we need to "lock them up" just yet.
    +1

Collingsworth said it best. you have an inexperienced safety in there some times the easiest thing to get him to do is throw him at the QB or a RB instead of some of the coverages he has to understand right away.

Let see what they look like when they've got a full plate for a couple games.

All-Pro
    The reason why I could see them letting go of KP is because of his knee problems. Hopefully is is ok because last year when he was down hey where at their worst. Hopefully Hill and Brown can fill in. I've been a big supporter of Hill. I believe he has tons of talent and Reese made a god move.

All-Pro
    Even if these guys play great and they don't miss Webster they still have a big problem with Webster. He has been bad this year. I know he has a broken hand, but even before that he was not playing well. Prince looked good the other night. I mean they called his name once and he didn't give up a huge play or anything. He also looks very physical unlike what many where saying about him. He just needs to stay healthy. Hopefully Hosely will be back soon.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Even if these guys play great and they don't miss Webster they still have a big problem with Webster. He has been bad this year. I know he has a broken hand, but even before that he was not playing well. Prince looked good the other night. I mean they called his name once and he didn't give up a huge play or anything. He also looks very physical unlike what many where saying about him. He just needs to stay healthy. Hopefully Hosely will be back soon.
    Hosley and Prince are promising. AND we should be getting Sash back too! Who gets the axe?